As the holiday season is in full swing, Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown debuts the 2020 Gift Guide, curated by Senior Spa Director Tara Cruz. In a year that has caused the world to pause and reflect, this year’s guide has a specific focus on gifting with intention.
Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown launched the inaugural Gift Guide last year as a way of showcasing a selection of the incredible partners and products that are specifically curated for the hotel’s Boutique, located on the Wellness Floor. With the expansion of the Gift Guide this year, Cruz wanted to highlight some of the prominent brand partners, who in addition to creating beautiful bespoke products, also embody their social mission of giving back to their communities.
“We believe in gifting with intention. We believe in the art of connecting social consciousness with luxury. Our commitment to luxury has always made you feel good. But now we’d like to help you do good. We partner with ethically, socially and environmentally aware brands and thought leaders who have adopted policies that promote the well-being of society and the environment. We hope you will support us so we can support them, and they will consequently be able to support their communities,” says Cruz.
Brand partners with a social mission include:
- UMA Oils reinvests a third of their annual profits back into the local community in India. They operate the sole health clinic in their village free of charge, and provide the specialised resources to treat thalassemia, a genetic blood disorder prevalent in the area.
- Omorovicza’s empirical observations of miraculous healing led to the building of more than 1,000 thermal baths in Hungary and preserving these waters with love and honour.
- Soveral is focused on traceability with 100 percent certified ingredients being paramount. Wherever possible they are purchased directly from the source. All end products are thoroughly tested and packaged with 100 percent organic recyclable materials.
- Pursoma is a female-owned business that is dedicated to Fairtrade International FSI. They continuously shine light and resources on littl- known farmers and harvesters, acknowledging their ancient practices around the world.
- MIITRA is a female, black owned business whose mission is to empower the spirit through thoughtfully designed pieces that promote strength, love and confidence. Each silk scarf has an African proverb that makes one feel beautiful inside and out, designed with care in New York and made in Italy.
- Sefte provides financial independence for their loved artisans in Peru. They strive to enable them to stay in their rural communities and stay together at every level.
- Dr Burgener products are Fair trade and packaged with 100 percent recycled sugar cane paper, which is produced by the brand’s Woman for Woman initiative, empowering women to achieve professional and financial independence through education and training.
- Maison de Papillon endeavours to produce the highest quality items with minimal impact. Each collection also supports the Indian Dreams Foundation, which focuses on educating and empowering underprivileged communities.
The extensive Holiday Gift Guide includes a selection of Cruz’s favourite items for the holidays and is focused around six different personas including The Style Maven, The Voyager, The Wellness Seeker, The Fitness Junkie, The Adored and The Entertainer. Included is a wide selection of merchandise and experiences, all available for purchase from the Boutique at Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown.
Resort and Residences Napa Valley, the highly anticipated luxury resort in Calistoga amid California’s famed wine region, announce its distinctive spa concept, Spa Talisa.