As the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine continues, extending care when people need it most remains paramount in all we do. Hyatt is working with the American Red Cross as part of its relief efforts to bring much-needed immediate and long-term resources to impacted people in Ukraine and neighboring countries. World of Hyatt members can support the global Red Cross’ relief efforts via their World of Hyatt points. Points can be contributed in 1,000-point increments and will be converted into $20 USD contributions by World of Hyatt. To contribute, visit the World of Hyatt and global Red Cross relief efforts website. Monetary donations benefiting the American Red Cross are also being accepted via the global Red Cross website.
These contributions will directly support the global Red Cross efforts in Ukraine and surrounding countries to:
- Distribute food, water, clothing, bedding, hygiene sets, blankets
- Provide medical care at border crossings
- Supply baby products and services for children
- Pitch tents and prepare shelters for refugees who need a comforting place to sleep and feel safe
- Provide psychosocial support for those who are physically, mentally, emotionally stressed
- Provide other relief as needed
In addition to working with the American Red Cross, we will continue to focus on the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues and guests in Ukraine and neighboring countries. The global Hyatt family has created the Ukraine Relief Fund which supports Hyatt colleagues in need of necessities, relocation support and care. Hyatt hotels across Europe are also providing accommodations and food for refugees, sending supplies to the people of Ukraine, and arranging job transfers.