As of Monday 8 November 2021, vaccinated international travellers, including European citizens, will once again be able to travel to the United States. The announcement of the decision to lift travel restrictions in place for over 18 months has led to a significant increase in bookings at Air France, particularly on routes to New York, Miami and Los Angeles, for travel in November and over the Christmas holiday period.
To support the resumption of traffic on transatlantic routes, Air France will gradually increase its capacity during the winter season. Between now and the end of March 2022, the company plans to return to a capacity corresponding to around 90% of that of 2019, compared to 50% in summer 2021.
This will imply the addition of frequencies to certain destinations, including New York (from 3 to 5 daily flights), Miami (from 7 to 12 weekly flights) or Los Angeles (from 12 to 17 weekly flights). During this period, Air France will also resume flights from Paris-Charles de Gaulle to Seattle, after suspending the service since the beginning of the Covid crisis (3 weekly flights as from 6 December), it will resume its usual Paris-Papeete route, via Los Angeles (3 weekly flights between Los Angeles and Papeete as from 11 november 2021), and inaugurate a new route between Pointe-à-Pitre and New York JFK (2 weekly flights as from 24 November 2021).
This winter, Air France will serve 11 destinations in the United States – New York-JFK – the airline’s largest international station, Boston, Washington DC, Detroit, Atlanta, Chicago, Miami, Houston, Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles, with up to 122 weekly flights.
Flight schedule to/from the United States – winter 2021 season
To/from Paris-Charles de Gaulle:
- Atlanta: 14 weekly flights by Airbus A350-900
- Boston: 7 weekly flights by Airbus A350-900
- Chicago: 5 weekly flights by Boeing 777-300
- Detroit: 5 weekly flights by Boeing 787-9
- Washington DC: 7 weekly flights by Boeing 777-300
- Houston: 5 weekly flights by Boeing 777-300
- New York JFK: 35 weekly flights by Boeing 777-200 and -300
- Los Angeles: 17 weekly flights by Boeing 777-200 and -300
- Miami: 12 weekly flights by Boeing 777-300 and Airbus A350-900
- Seattle: 3 weekly flights by Airbus A350-900 as from 6 December 2021
- San Francisco: 7 weekly flights by Boeing 777-300
To/from Pointe-à-Pitre (Guadeloupe):
- New York JFK: 2 weekly flights by Airbus A320 as from 24 November 2021
To/from Papeete (French Polynesia)
- Los Angeles: 3 weekly flights by Boeing 777-300 as from 11 November 2021