Australia’s pioneering cruise line, Coral Expeditions, is marking the end of 2021 in style with the launch of new Christmas season voyages. Sailing onboard the brand-new vessel, Coral Geographer, the two unique and all-inclusive itineraries combine the best of Queensland’s reef and outback in a distinctive package.
Highlighting the focus on the reef and outback theme are two landmark events – a private charter flight to Longreach to spend an immersive day in the Queensland outback, and a private sailing yacht to a Whitsundays beach lunch.
Guests will also indulge in two gala dinners onboard that showcase ten iconic Australian wines selected from the “Exceptional” category of the feted Langton’s classification. Along the way, the ship will call on many of the remote islands and reefs of the Great Barrier Reef marine park allowing guests to enjoy encounters with dolphins, rays and turtles. Further encounters with nature will be had on guided nature walks at renowned Lizard and Magnetic islands.
Commercial Director, Jeff Gillies, comments, “The Christmas season is traditionally a time to celebrate with family and friends. Our vision is to deliver an expedition occasion like no other. It has been a trying time for all over the past 2 years, and we want our guests to get back to travel with a quintessential Queensland experience here at home”.
- “A Day in the Outback” – Guests will be transported by private jet to Longreach in the heart of the Queensland outback where they will connect with country life over a classic pub lunch and bask in an outback sunset over sundowners and stories at historic Rosebank station homestead, before jetting back to the comfort of the ship that night
- “Sailing Yacht to a Whitsundays Lunch” – Guests will set sail on a chartered yacht to Whitehaven Beach where they will linger with Champagne and indulge in a decadent barefoot luxe seafood luncheon on white sand before returning under the sound of sail at sunset to their home onboard Coral Geographer
- “Two Evenings with Australia’s Finest Wines” – Indulge in a comparative tasting of 10 wines at two gala dinners. Selected from the most highly prized ‘Exceptional’ category of Langton’s Classification, the premier guide to Australian fine wine, these legendary wines are paired with the best of Queensland’s produce, creating a rare and memorable dining experience.
Further highlights of the expedition are
- Exploring Queensland’s iconic Lizard and Magnetic Islands with guided nature walks, snorkelling and kayaking adventures
- Diving and snorkelling in the pristine waters of Osprey Reef and Ribbon Reef #5
- Meeting with the traditional owners on the UNESCO World Heritage-listed K’gari (Fraser Island) and enjoying bush tucker talks and tastes in the rainforest surrounds
- Expert guidance and storytelling along the way from special guests onboard including our Master Reef Guide Katie Tuesley and outback legend Alan ‘Smithy’ Smith
- Endless encounters with wildlife and the diverse marine species of the Great Barrier Reef and Great Sandy Marine Park including dolphins, dugongs, sharks, rays, and turtles during the annual hatching season.
- Spend time at Antechamber Bay and Western River Cove to explore Kangaroo Island’s north coast
- Enjoy refreshing dips in the turquoise waters and relax on deserted silica white beaches