What’s better than a quick day trip into wine country for a tasting or two? A full-fledged wine country getaway! These 10 hotels provide a perfect place to relax over a glass of wine after a day of touring and tasting in wine regions around the country.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Wine Country Hotel are as follows:
- Inn at Black Star Farms – Suttons Bay, Mich.
- Timber Cove Resort – Jenner, Calif.
- The Farmhouse at Veritas – Afton, Va.
- Carter Creek Winery Resort & Spa – Johnson City, Texas
- Hotel Walloon – Walloon Lake, Mich.
- Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa – Sonoma, Calif.
- Summerwood Inn – Paso Robles, Calif.
- Hotel Cheval – Paso Robles, Calif.
- Black Walnut Inn & Vineyard – Dundee, Ore.
- Meadowood Napa Valley – St. Helena, Calif.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
The latest USA Today Readers’ Choice poll has declared a boutique Northern Michigan inn to be America’s “Best Wine Country Hotel.”
The Inn at Black Star Farms is situated beside Black Star Farms’ Suttons Bay vineyard in the heart of the Leelanau Peninsula wine region.