In accordance with an announcement by Kazakhstan Temir Joly (Kazakhstan Railways), direct international passenger services have been suspended from 17 March 2020 until further notice in order to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus infection (2019-nCoV).
An announcement will be made when normal services are resumed.
As a result, the following passenger services will be suspended, including trailer and direct carriages which run with these trains:
- No. 7/8 Almaty – Saratov, departing from Almaty from 18 March 2020, will run to Uralsk station. Departures from Saratov will be cancelled from 21 March 2020;
- No. 39/40 Nur Sultan – Chelyabinsk, departing from Nur Sultan from 18 March 2020, will run to Kostanai station. Departures from Chelyabinsk will be cancelled from 19 March 2020;
- No. 83/84 Karaganda – Moscow, departing from Karaganda from 18 March 2020, will run to Petropavlovsk station. Departures from Moscow will be cancelled from 20 March 2020;
- No. 145/146 Karaganda – Omsk, departing from Karaganda from 17 March 2020 and from Omsk from 18 March 2020;
- No. 301/302 Almaty – Novosibirsk, departing from Almaty from 18 March 2020, will run to Semey station. Departures from Novosibirsk will be cancelled from 20 March 2020;
- No. 303/304 Almaty – Kazan, departing from Almaty from 23 March 2020 and from Kazan from 26 March 2020, including a group of direct carriages between Bishkek – Kazan;
- No. 363/364 Tomsk – Karaganda, operated by Russian Railways, departing from Tomsk from 17 March 2020 and from Karaganda from 19 March 2020;
- No. 363/364 Karaganda – Tomsk, operated by Kazakhstan Temir Joly (Kazakhstan Railways), departing from Karaganda from 17 March 2020 and from Tomsk from 19 March 2020;
- No. 391/392 Tomsk – Ridder, departing from Tomsk from 20 March 2020 and from Ridder from 23 March 2020;
- No. 625/626 Atyrau – Astrakhan, departing from Atyrau from 18 March 2020 and from Astrakhan from 19 March 2020;
- No. 6814/6813 Kostanai – Troitsk, departing from Kostanai station from 18 March 2020, will run to Kaerak station. Departures from Troitsk will be cancelled from 18.03.2020;
- No. 6871/6872 Uralsk – Ozinki, departing from Uralsk from 19 March 2020, will run to Semiglavy Mar. Departures from Ozinok will be cancelled from 19 March 2020;
- No. 6754/6753 Orenburg – Iletsk, departing from Orenburg and Iletsk from 17 March 2020;
- No. 6117/6118, No. 6119/6120 Rubtsovsk – Lokot – Aleyskaya, departing from Rubtsovsk and Aleyskaya from 17 March 2020.
Unused tickets for cancelled trains can be returned without incurring any additional charges and fees.
In order to obtain refunds, passengers must contact a rail ticket office in the country where they purchased the ticket. Passengers can submit electronic tickets using the web resources through whichthey initially purchased the tickets.
Passengers can obtain detailed information on the procedure for receiving refunds for unused tickets and about passenger services from the 24-hour Unified Information and Service Centre of Russian Railways by phoning 8 (800) 775-00-00 when calling from within Russia and on +7 (499) 605-20-00 when calling from abroad.
Up-to-date information on changes to international train timetables can be obtained from the section International Routes / Operational Information on the website of Russian Railways.
Passengers should note that when booking tickets at a ticket office of the Federal Passenger Company, a subsidiary of Russian Railways, and through the website of Russian Railways and the RZD Passengers mobile app, they can leave their mobile phone numbers in order to receive notifications about possible delays and changes to the timetables in the event of emergencies.