Summer is the travel season. The summer flight schedule 2022 will take effect as of this coming Sunday, March 27th 2022. Whether sunny destinations in the South, holidays in Scandinavia or a city break: you can travel to many exciting destinations from Berlin Brandenburg Airport. Until October 29th 2022, 58 airlines will be flying to 146 destinations in 49 countries. Many airline companies are expanding their routes or increasing the frequencies of their flights. Among the new destinations are locations in France and Italy, Croatia, Turkey or Scandinavia. The Capital City Region is furthermore regularly connected to New York. In the summer flight schedule 2021 65 airlines called at 150 destinations in 48 countries. Among these at the time were numerous cities in Eastern Europe, which are currently not being flown to due to the war in the Ukraine.
As from the summer flight schedule 2022, the recently opened Terminal 2 will also be used. Passengers are requested to inform themselves prior to their flights whether they will be departing from or arriving at T1 or T2. Ryanair will be the principal user of Terminal 2.
Aletta von Massenbach, Chief Executive Officer of Flughafen Berlin Brandenburg GmbH: “The airlines are registering an increasing demand for holiday travel and have reacted to that in their summer flight schedules with attractive offers starting from BER. Many destinations will be flown to in the summer of 2022 than was the case last year and the selection of destinations to choose from is once again already almost as wide as it had been before the pandemic. The coming months will present a challenge to all partners at the airport, which we will master together and to which we are looking forward to.”
• This summer, easyJet will be flaying to a total of 70 destinations from BER and thus doubling its capacities compared with summer 2021. City and sunny destinations are also in strong demand this summer. New to the easyJet flight schedule are Pisa in Italy and Rijeka in Croatia. Both destinations will be flown to twice a week from BER as from June 28th. The frequencies are being increased for the islands of Corsica and Kos. One may depart for Bastia on Corsica in France three times a week, also as from June 28th 2022, and for Kos in Greece up to five times a week as from March 28th. Pula in Croatia is to be served for a longer period this summer. The route is in the flight schedule as from May 14th 2022 already, and will be extended into October.
• Ryanair is offering a good 50 routes this summer starting from BER. City destinations such as London and Manchester in Great Britain, Dublin in Ireland, Rome Venice and Milan in Italy, Brussels in Belgium and Barcelona in Spain are particularly strongly represented in the flight schedule of the Irish airline. In the shape of Palma de Majorca, the Greek islands of Corfu, Kos and Crete plus several destinations in Italy, a large number of popular holiday destinations will be served. The Finnish city of Lappeenranta, surrounded by nature and large lakes, is to be a destination in the summer flight schedule for the first time. Krakow is also new to the flight schedule. The Polish city is to be flown to three times a week from BER as from May 2nd 2022.
• Eurowings will be flying to Scandinavia for the first time. As from June 3rd 2022, the airline will be taking off for Stockholm in Sweden six times a week from. The Greek island of Kos is to be headed for up to three times a week as from May 7th 2022.
• Within Germany, Lufthansa will be significantly increasing its offer of flights to Frankfurt and Munich. The “Crane” will be heading for Frankfurt up to 14 times a day (almost every hour during the day time) and for the capital city of Bavaria 12 times a day.
• Wizz Air will be significantly increasing its capacities on some routes compared to its programme of 2019. In the airline’s schedule are to be found Budapest in Hungary, Cluj-Napoca in Rumania, Chişinău in the Republic of Moldova, Kutaissi in Georgia (back in the schedule again), Skopje in North Macedonia, Tirana in Albania, plus Tuzla in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Varna in Bulgaria, both of which are to be flown to much more frequently.
• BA City Flyer is extending its range of flights on offer from BER. As of May 14th 2022, the airline will not only be flying up to three times a day to London City Airport from Monday to Friday, but also on Saturdays. On Sundays, a second tour is to be added.
• Flyr, a Norwegian airline, is to start up operations for the first time from Berlin-Brandenburg on March 25th 2022 already. Flyr will be flying four times a week to Oslo in Norway.
• Transavia is adding two connections to France starting from BER. In addition to the existing route to Paris-Orly, which is also offered five times a week in the summer flight schedule, the airline will also be flying to Nantes and Montpellier. The low-cost airline will be taking off for Nantes as from March 27th 2022 and for Montpellier as from April 22nd 2022. Both routes are to be operated twice a week.
• Luxair will be significantly increasing its capacities from the beginning of the summer flight schedule. Flights will then be departing up to twice a day to Luxemburg from BER.
• Norwegian will be flying non-stop to Trondheim as from April 7th. The new connection to the city in Central Norway is on offer two times a week in the airline’s schedule.
• Turkish Airlines will continue to fly several times a day from BER to Istanbul. In addition, from the beginning of April there will be flights to Gaziantep (three times a week) and Adana twice a week). From the end of May, when the summer travel season begins, the range of flights will be extended bit by bit to other destinations in Turkey. From then on there will be flights from BER to Bodrum, Izmir and Samsun twice a week and to Trabson once a week. The airport Ordu-Giserun is to be found in the flight schedule of Turkish Airlines for the first time and will likewise be served once a week.
• SunExpress will be flying to six destinations on Turkey this summer: to Anaya and Izmir (up to 18 times a week, Dalaman (up to twice a week), Gaziantep and Samsun (each once a week). The sixth new destination in the airline’s schedule, from May 5th 2022 will be Bodrum, also once a week.
• Air Cairo, a partner airline of SunExpress, is also increasing its capacities this summer and will be flying to Hurghada in Egypt up to four times a week.
• Sundair is also significantly increasing its range of offers from BER and is planning flights in summer to a total of nine destinations, many of them in Greece. Greece will be flown to in all 16 times each week: to Heraklion (six times), Rhodes and Kos (four times each) and Corfu (two times). Other popular sunny destinations in Sundair’s schedule are Burgas in Rumania (three times a week), the Canary Island of Fuerteventura, Hurghada in Egypt and Varna in Bulgaria (each twice a week). In addition, Beirut in Lebanon will continue to be served three times a week.
• United Airlines is returning to the Capital City Region. As from March 28th 2022 the airline will be flying six times a week (Wednesdays excepted) from BER to New York/Newark. From May 5th 2022 the route will then be on offer from Berlin-Brandenburg daily once again.
• Scoot, the low-cost airline of Singapore Airlines, will continue to connect BER daily with Singapore in Asia. There will be three direct, non-stop flights from BER to the South-east Asian City State. Scoot flies four times a week via Athens to Singapore.
• Qatar Airways will continue to fly daily to Doha, the capital city of Qatar. From Doha, there many opportunities of changing for other destinations, particularly to Asia, Africa and the Middle East.