As demand for both leisure and business travel to the United States increases, SAS expands the number of flights from Stockholm and Oslo to New York.
New York will be served with daily flights from Stockholm as well as with 4 weekly flights from Oslo, in addition to existing daily flights from Copenhagen. SAS will in total be flying 12 direct routes to the United States this fall and winter.
“SAS is very pleased to be able to increase our operation to New York from Scandinavia. Many people are looking forward to visiting family and friends in the United States and the New York routes are also important for both business travel and air cargo,” says EVP and Chief Commercial Officer Karl Sandlund.
SAS’ US routes and departures Fall/Winter 2021:
- Copenhagen-New York – 7 weekly
- Copenhagen-Chicago – 7 weekly
- Copenhagen-Los Angeles – 4 weekly
- Copenhagen-San Francisco – 3 weekly
- Copenhagen-Washington DC – 3 weekly
- Copenhagen-Boston – 3 weekly
- Copenhagen-Miami – 3 weekly
- Oslo-New York – 4 weekly
- Oslo-Miami – 1 weekly
- Stockholm-New York – 7 weekly
- Stockholm-Chicago – 3 weekly
- Stockholm-Miami – 3 weekly
SAS continue to bring in new and fuel-efficient aircraft and has one of Europe’s most modern fleets. The new aircraft have 15–30% lower fuel consumption, compared with the aircraft they replace. The new state-of-the-art aircraft will give SAS customers a more pleasant, comfortable and sustainable way of traveling.