2020 has been a year, and it is safe to say most of us are waiting patiently for the countdown to the New Year’s Eve ball drop in Times Square. To honor the strength and resilience we’ve seen and felt around the world from New Yorkers, Airbnb and Nasdaq are offering locals the chance to call Times Square home for just one night under the New Year’s Eve Ball – a spectacular night all to themselves!
High (and safely isolated) above Times Square on Nasdaq’s outdoor terrace, guests will have their very own geodesic dome to ring in the highly-anticipated new year while taking in panoramic views of the sparkling crystal ball. With Times Square celebrations going virtual this year, guests will have a truly unique experience during the traditional confetti celebrations, right below the ball.
To kick off the guests’ spectacular stay, the holiday season’s icon Mariah Carey is back in Times Square and better than ever. This time, she is becoming an Airbnb host, bringing her signature sparkle to the evening. The night will be full of magic and good vibes as guests are dazzled and glamourized with:
- A virtual personal greeting from the one and only Mariah Carey
- A $5,000 shopping credit to use along NYC’s famous 5th Avenue or local Times Square shops before their stay, along with a trunk full of sparkly New Year’s Eve hats, 2021 glasses and horns for the countdown to midnight
- Access to an indoor lounge to watch New Year’s celebrations around the world, adorned with local art by Jason Douglas Griffin, featuring collaborations with Brandon Friend and Jason Reynolds. Or, enjoy the reading nook stocked with board games while waiting for the clock to strike twelve.
- Dinner (or guests can skip that and head straight to dessert, with a slice of famous Junior’s cheesecake) prepared by a private chef
- A sparkly piece of crystal featuring this year’s Waterford Crystal Times Square New Year’s Eve Ball design as a memento to take home.
- Panoramic views to see all broadcasted events and concerts organized by Times Square Alliance