Preferred Hotels & Resorts will celebrate 15 new openings within its global portfolio throughout 2021, with each of these distinct new destinations offering genuine hospitality, thoughtful personalisation, and the utmost in service and care. From an eco-hideaway in northern Italy to an art deco masterpiece in downtown Chicago, these properties welcome travellers to live out their daydreams of recent months by forging new connections with people, landscapes, and cultures as they resume their adventures around the world.
“The innate human desire to connect, share experiences, and travel will be stronger than ever in the new year, and we are thrilled to announce these new openings that serve as beacons of hope and inspiration for hoteliers and travellers alike,” said CEO Lindsey Ueberroth. “The resilience of all hotels globally this past year has been truly remarkable, and we are invigorated by the promise of these new openings that signal a new year of new beginnings for the travel industry and encourage everyone to continue to Believe in Travel.”
Highlights of the openings within the Preferred Hotels & Resorts portfolio include:
Casa di Langa (Piedmont, Italy) – launching Spring 2021
Nestled in northern Italy’s Piedmont region, home to some of the world’s finest wines and white truffles, Casa di Langa is a sustainable luxury retreat that sits next to the vineyard landscapes of Le Langhe, a UNESCO World Heritage site. The 39-room hotel combines traditional Piedmontese design, reflected in the soft, muted colours of the surrounding natural environment, with sustainable practices such as a commitment to carbon neutrality and the use of 100% recycled water for irrigation. Guests can enjoy farm-to-table cuisine with a modern twist at the signature Fàula Ristorante, and take advantage of a wide range of immersive experiences including cooking classes, workshops at the on-property wine academy, truffle hunting, and art tours.
The Londoner (London, United Kingdom) – launching April 2021
Set in the buzzy Leicester Square, The Londoner has been dubbed the world’s first “super boutique hotel.” Offering a multifaceted experience and six subterranean levels, the hotel extends 350 guestrooms, including 35 suites and a tower penthouse with cityscape views, all complete with curated fine artworks. Other highlights include six restaurants and lounges, rooftop bar with a fire pit, underground spa and swimming pool and a two-screen cinema. The hotel is set to be one of the greenest hotels in the United Kingdom and will be employing pioneering methods of sustainable luxury.
The Wall Street Hotel (New York, United States) – launching Spring 2021
Located along lower Manhattan’s famed Wall Street and housed in the historic Tontine Building that originated as a coffee house in 1874, The Wall Street Hotel is a sleek retreat with 180 spacious rooms and suites. Following a day of sightseeing, guests can enjoy international cuisine in the JF Restaurant, led by Michelin-starred Chef John Fraser, or relax in the all-day lounge and bar. The hotel brings a special sense of community to Wall Street with its ample event spaces ranging from an intimate screening lounge to a vast Ballroom and Top Floor bar, and an outdoor terrace with stunning views of the East River. The hotel will also fuel guest exploration of The Big Apple by offering complimentary use of Electric Scooters and Vélosophy Original Comfort Bikes, in addition to an array of in-room spa treatments from Zeel Spa for post-adventure relaxation.
Pendry Chicago (Illinois, United States) – launching Spring 2021
Part of the sister brand to Montage Hotels & Resorts and one of four new Pendry properties that will open its doors as members of the Preferred portfolio in 2021, Pendry Chicago is set in the bustling Loop area as a creative rebirth of the Burnham Brother’s iconic Art Deco landmark famed for its Champagne bottle design. The hotel boasts 364 guest rooms and suites and a signature restaurant and bar overseen by hospitality and nightlife pioneer, Andy Masi. Additional features include a lobby bar and lounge, rooftop pool deck with city views, 12,000 square feet of meetings and event space, curated fitness and wellness programming, and an extensive art collection.
Other 2021 openings include:
· Pendry West Hollywood (California, United States) – launching January 2021: Located on the iconic Sunset Strip, Pendry West Hollywood will feature 149 guestrooms and suites and 40 Pendry Residences. Guests will have access to multiple food and beverage concepts by acclaimed Chef Wolfgang Puck, a bowling alley, Spa Pendry, and a rooftop pool.
· Palacio Provincial (Old San Juan, Puerto Rico) – launching January 2021: A historic diplomatic building in the heart of the old capital, Palacio Provincial boasts 43 rooms and suites, an oasis courtyard restaurant, and a rooftop pool deck with views across the San Juan bay.
· Hotel Effie Sandestin (Miramar Beach, Florida, United States) – launching February 2021: Located on 2,400 acres of Florida’s Emerald Coast, the new hotel integrates coastal charm with Southern hospitality across 250 guestrooms and 12 suites with views of Choctawhatchee Bay and championship golf courses.
· Esmé Miami Beach Hotel (Florida, United States) – launching March 2021: Originally built as a 1920’s artist village along Miami Beach’s historic plaza, the unique 145-room hotel is comprised of eight buildings and features five restaurants and bars.
· Amrit Ocean Resort & Spa (Singer Island, Florida, United States) – launching April 2021: Comprising more than seven acres of prime oceanfront in Palm Beach County’s Singer Island, Amrit Ocean Resort & Spa is a wellness resort extending 155 guestrooms and 34 grand luxury wellness suites.
· Liberty Trust Hotel (Roanoke, Virginia, United States) – launching Fall 2021: Originally constructed as a bank headquarters in 1910, the landmark Liberty Trust building in Downtown Roanoke will undergo a full restoration to feature 54 guestrooms, restaurant, and social areas.
· Pendry Manhattan West (New York, United States) – launching Summer 2021: The brand’s first New York property and part of the eight-acre, six-building mixed-use Hudson Yards development on Manhattan’s West Side, the hotel will feature 164 guestrooms including 30 suites, a signature restaurant, a lounge and open-air terrace bar.
· Montage Big Sky (Montana, United States) – launching Winter 2021: Set within Big Sky’s 3,530-acre Spanish Peaks enclave – less than an hour’s drive from Yellowstone National Park – Montage Big Sky is a year-round mountain paradise for outdoor enthusiasts. The resort will feature 150 rooms and suites and 39 Montage Residences, and guests will enjoy ski-in, ski-out access, and an onsite 18-hole Tom Weiskopf-designed golf course.
· Pendry Park City (Utah, United States) – launching Winter 2021: A spectacular ski-in, lift-out resort located in one of the most popular luxury ski areas in the United States, Pendry Park City features 150 guestrooms and suites, a variety of restaurants and bars, and first-of-its-kind rooftop pool and bar.
· The Sense Experience Resort (Tuscany, Italy) – launching March 2021: Located in a Tuscany’s Maremma region, The Sense Experience Resort is an eco-retreat made up of 12 acres of natural park and pine forest with a private beach. Inspired by the five senses, the resort will offer 112 rooms and suites with many boasting views of Elba Island and the Torre Mozza.
· Villa Dagmar (Stockholm, Sweden) – launching Spring 2021: Named after Dagmar Bergsten — a trailblazing woman and ancestor of the owner’s family — Villa Dagmar is an intimate luxury hotel located in the neighbourhood of Östermalmstorg. The late 19th-century Art Nouveau building offers 70 guestrooms and suites, as well as an organic food store and a signature restaurant serving Mediterranean-fusion cuisine.
As borders open and travel restrictions ease around the world, travellers planning to book a stay at any of these new hotels, along with more than 700 other member hotels from the Preferred Hotels & Resorts portfolio, can access exclusive member rates, earn points, and enjoy other immediate benefits during every eligible stay by joining I Prefer Hotel Rewards programme, the world’s largest global points-based loyalty programme for independent hotels with more than 3.7 million travellers currently enrolled.