Air Canada said today that its transformed Aeroplan loyalty program is now live. Existing Aeroplan accounts and membership numbers have automatically moved to the new program. Aeroplan miles are now “Aeroplan points,” with prior balances honoured on a one-to-one basis. Exciting welcome bonuses are also available for new Aeroplan credit card accounts from our card partners TD, American Express and CIBC. All current Aeroplan credit cardholders continue to earn points as normal, and they now have access to a range of new benefits.
The transformed Aeroplan program, designed to put the member experience first, comes with personalized, flexible and easy-to-use features. It also offers exceptional value allowing members to travel more and travel better. Highlights of the transformed program include:
- Improved Value on Flight Rewards – Aeroplan offers flight rewards to hundreds of destinations worldwide on Air Canada and over 35 partner airlines. The transformed Aeroplan program offers predictable pricing, with access to every seat available on Air Canada flights with no cash surcharges, plus the option to pay with Points + Cash. Members also now have an integrated booking experience, with the ability to search and redeem for flight rewards at aircanada.com or on the Air Canada app.
- More Options for More Members – Aeroplan has something for everyone and will make travel better with new features such as: Aeroplan Family Sharing, so that members can combine points with other family members to reach rewards faster; earn points with every Air Canada flight booked, including Economy Basic Fares; the ability to use points for extra travel perks such as upgrades and in-flight Wi-Fi; and expanded merchandise rewards.
- Air Canada Altitude is becoming Aeroplan Elite Status – Aeroplan will continue to offer five Elite Status levels: Aeroplan 25K, 35K, 50K, 75K, and Super Elite. All of the most popular Elite Status benefits remain, along with some new, first-in-market features, including Priority Rewards, Status Pass and Everyday Status Qualification. Learn more at www.aircanada.com/elite.
All-New Aeroplan Credit Cards
The all-new range of Aeroplan co-branded credit cards issued by TD, American Express and CIBC are the only ones in Canada offering extensive Air Canada travel perks and will help members earn rewards more quickly:
Entry credit cards
- Preferred pricing on flight rewards means primary cardholders can redeem flights for fewer points more often.
- Cardholders earn bonus points for spending in popular categories, and earn even more when they spend directly with Air Canada (through the app, at aircanada.com or vacations.aircanada.com) and pay with their Aeroplan credit card.
- Plus, as a primary cardholder, for as long as you hold an Aeroplan credit card, your Aeroplan points never expire.
Core credit cards
- Eligible cardholders enjoy the above benefits, plus a free first checked bag when travelling on Air Canada flights – whether the ticket was redeemed with points or purchased with cash.
- This benefit also applies to all secondary cardholders and up to eight companions travelling on the same reservation.
Premium credit cards
- Cardholders enjoy the above benefits, plus exciting new airport perks including Maple Leaf Lounge and Air Canada Café access, priority boarding, and priority check-in.
- Free first checked bag, lounge access, and priority airport benefits are also available for eligible secondary cardholders travelling on their own – an industry first.
- Aeroplan Elite Status members will enjoy unique benefits such as rollover eUpgrade Credits and Status Qualifying Miles, along with priority upgrade clearance at the airport.