In another standout year, Hilton Garden Inn continued its rapid growth, introducing 48 new properties to the portfolio in 2019. With a global presence in nearly 50 countries and territories, Hilton’s award-winning, the upscale brand provides business and leisure guests with exceptional service, affordable accommodations, inviting social spaces and modern amenities. In 2019, Hilton Garden Inn entered nine new countries – the most growth to new regions during a single calendar year in the brand’s 30-year history. Hilton Garden Inn became the first of any Hilton brand to open in five of these nine locations: Botswana, Latvia, Lithuania, Eswatini and Uganda.
This impressive growth in new and emerging markets was fueled by marquee openings across Africa and Eastern Europe, including:
- Hilton Garden Inn Kampala Kira Road – Hilton’s first hotel in Uganda is a convenient base from which to explore local attractions like the Uganda Museum, the oldest and largest in the country, the Acacia Shopping Mall, Uganda Golf Club and nearby Independence Park.
- Hilton Garden Inn Mbabane – The hotel is the first Hilton property to open in the Kingdom of Eswatini. The futuristic Hilton Garden Inn Mbabane occupies one of the country’s most iconic buildings, known as the “Ship Out of the Ocean” in homage to its grand design and distinctive curved features.
- Hilton Garden Inn Zagreb – Radnicka – The brand’s first property in Croatia is located in the heart of one of the country’s main cultural hubs. The hotel is within walking distance of major area attractions such as the Croatian National Theatre, the Botanical Gardens and the Art Pavilion.
- Hilton Garden Inn Riga Old Town – The first of the Hilton brands to debut in Latvia, this hotel is located in the heart of Riga’s Old Town and steps away from sites such as Riga Cathedral and House of the Blackheads, one of the most impressive buildings in Riga. The property is also located less than seven miles from Riga International Airport which makes it a convenient option for both leisure and business travelers.
In addition to international growth, Hilton Garden Inn continued steady expansion in the U.S., where more than half of its new property openings in 2019 occurred. As the brand’s presence grew in the U.S., so did its on-property Garden Grille & Bar concept – a full-service restaurant and bar which serves cooked-to-order dishes, sharable small plates, handcrafted cocktails and craft beers – now boasting nearly 600 locations across America.
As part of its industry-leading food and beverage program, Hilton Garden Inn partnered with Judy Greer, award-winning actress, director, author and star of Hilton Garden Inn’s ad campaign, to shake up its cocktail menu with an on-trend specialty drink – Judy’s Garden Gin. A fun twist on the classic Daisy, the light and tart libation capitalizes on the versatility of gin and the spirit’s growing popularity. The cocktail is available on Garden Grille & Bar menus nationwide.
As Hilton Garden Inn looks ahead to 2020 and beyond, it remains focused on continuing its global growth. Some of the highly anticipated openings in the brand’s pipeline of over 300 hotels include:
- Hilton Garden Inn Faroe Islands – the world’s first international hotel brand to open in the North Atlantic archipelago located between Norway and Iceland.
- Hilton Garden Inn Suva in Fiji, Hilton Garden Inn Albany in Australia and Hilton Garden Inn Phuket Bang Tao in Thailand – all properties opening in countries throughout Asia Pacific where the brand currently does not have a presence.
- Hilton Garden Inn Fremont in California – the brand’s first modular build.
- Hilton Garden Inn Camden Waterfront in New Jersey – part of the city’s revitalization efforts and one of the first new hotels to debut in this market in over 50 years.