Canopy by Hilton announced today it is targeting to open 20 hotels in 2020 across seven countries. Located in the most dynamic neighborhoods across the globe, every Canopy hotel becomes a natural extension of the community in which it calls home and provides an energizing atmosphere with thoughtfully local touches.
Canopy’s current and projected openings in 2020, which join the brand’s 12 existing hotels in China, Croatia, Iceland and the U.S., include:
- Brazil: São Paulo-Jardins
- China: Hangzhou-West Lake
- France: Paris-Trocadero
- Mexico: Cancun-La Isla (opened Jan. 28)
- United Arab Emirates: Dubai-Al Seef1
- United Kingdom: London-London City
- United States: Austin-Downtown; Baltimore-Harbor Point; Charlotte-SouthPark; Dallas-Frisco Station; Grand Rapids-Downtown; Jersey City-Arts District; Kansas City-Downtown; Memphis-Downtown; Philadelphia-Center City; San Antonio-Riverwalk; Scottsdale-Old Town; Tempe-Downtown University Area; Washington, DC-Embassy Row (opened Jan. 14); and West Palm Beach-Downtown
“We’ve received resoundingly positive feedback from guests who have loved their local adventures while staying in our 12 existing hotels,” said Gary Steffen, global head, Canopy by Hilton. “We are excited to create more of these authentic experiences with all that Canopy offers in 20 more vibrant neighborhoods this year.”
Following extensive consumer research, Canopy by Hilton was created to provide the uncomplicated comforts, thoughtful design and energizing atmosphere that today’s travelers wanted but were unable to find under one roof.
While each hotel is unique, they are all united by a few elements that make them “Canopy.” Some of these features include:
- Residential-style design: Neutral color palettes, plenty of natural light, clean lines and open, flowing spaces that are inspired by how the locals live.
- Extra comforts: In-room glass water bottles and filtered water stations on every floor; a “transfer lounge” where guests can store luggage, change or shower before or after their stay; and a pet amenity kit in partnership with BARK for four-legged travelers.
- Top-notch food and drink: Evening tastings of wine, beer and spirits from regional producers and a cocktail program created in partnership with Proprietors LLC, the training arm of renowned bar chain, Death & Co.
- Local know-how: Employees – called “enthusiasts” – are encouraged to share their local “insider” knowledge and experiences with guests.
Prior to 2020, Canopy by Hilton opened properties in Atlanta-Midtown; Chengdu-City Centre; Columbus, OH-Short North; Dallas-Uptown; Ithaca-Downtown; Hangzhou-Jinsha Lake; Minneapolis-Mill District; Portland, OR-Pearl District; Reykjavik-City Centre; Washington, DC-Bethesda North; Washington, DC-The Wharf; and Zagreb-City Centre.