Rosewood Hotel today reveals Rosewood Limited Edition, a collection of one-of-a-kind travel experiences from the ultra-luxury hospitality brand’s properties across the globe. Comprised of 12 inspired excursions ideal for sharing with friends and family, Rosewood Limited Edition offers privileged access to the often-unreachable elements of today’s most desirable destinations, made available exclusively through Rosewood’s unique relationship with beloved brands, trusted tastemakers and local communities worldwide. As the name implies, the journeys included in Rosewood Limited Edition are limited in number, with several only being offered once. Available for purchase now, just in time for the holiday season, the giftable journeys provide unlimited potential for extraordinary adventures in the new year and beyond.
Carefully curated to cater to “affluential explorers” with a variety of interests, each bespoke Rosewood Limited Edition package provides recipients with exclusive excursions and offerings that speak to the spirit and pastimes of its respective destination, from designing and customizing a vintage Jaguar Type E Cabriolet with renowned French designer Tristan Auer in Paris to deep-diving in search of a Ulysse Nardin Diver 42mm fine watchpiece in the Bahamian sea. Additional highlights, such as “glamping” in the middle of the Arabian Desert in a recreated Rosewood Abu Dhabi suite and a historic exploration of Myanmar old and new with renowned Burmese historian Dr. Thant Myint-U, provide an authentic and profound immersion into the local communities and traditions of several of the world’s most culturally significant cities and sites.
“Experiential travel has been an integral component of Rosewood’s DNA since the company’s inception nearly 40 years ago and has recently become even more deeply established as a key priority and passion point for today’s generation of travellers,” said Radha Arora, president of Rosewood Hotels & Resorts. “With Rosewood Limited Edition, we are delighted to collaborate with our distinguished community of tastemakers and visionary partners to bring Rosewood’s destinations to life and take the adventures of ‘affluential explorers’ to new heights.”
A dedicated campaign site featuring the collection’s full details, striking imagery and videos can be accessed at rosewoodhotels.com/limitededition. Highlights of the inaugural 2019 collection of Rosewood Limited Edition include:
- Customize a Vintage Jaguar Type E with Noted Designer Tristan Auer (Paris, France): Inspired by the remarkably refurbished 1973 Citroen DS that ushers guests of Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel throughout Paris, this one-of-a-kind experience allows auto enthusiasts and amateurs alike to customize their own vintage Jaguar Type E Cabriolet with renowned French designer Tristan Auer, the interior designer behind many of the hotel’s public spaces and the Citroen house car itself. In collaboration with the luxury brand Loro Piana Interiors, Tristan will guide guests to customize the interior leathers and exterior finishes of their personalized Jaguar, theirs to cherish for years to come. Once the customization is complete, the car will be featured at the 2021 Concours d’Elegance Chantilly Arts & Elegance, one of the world’s most exclusive invitation-only car events. The “Va Va Vroom” experience is available at Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel with two nights’ accommodations and private dining for 12 at La Cave, starting at USD290,000.
- Launch a Luxury Luggage Line with Métier London (London, England and Montalcino, Italy): The Designer Discovery Package at Rosewood London offers guests a chance to create the new “it” accessory of the season under the tutelage of Métier London’s creative director, Melissa Morris, with whom they will collaborate on their very own collection of luxury leather travel accessories to be shown and sold at the brand’s flagship store. Beginning with an intimate dinner with Melissa at Rosewood London, the journey will then take guests to Florence via private jet to handpick the leather for their collection and learn about the craftsmanship, time-honored techniques and impeccable materials that go into creating the bespoke luggage. After a day of designing, guests will retreat to Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco for a relaxing overnight stay in a luxury suite at the private estate nestled in the heart of the Tuscan countryside. The “Design…In a Bag” experience is available at Rosewood London with two nights’ accommodations and one night’s accommodation at Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco starting at USD115,000.
- Search the Bahamian Seas for the Ultimate Buried Treasure (Nassau, Bahamas): Adventure seekers will experience the Bahamian seas like never before via this action-packed, ultra-luxury excursion from Rosewood Baha Mar. Aboard the resort’s Eternity mega-yacht, guests will spend the day in search of rare treasure – a Ulysse Nardin Diver 42mm watch buried in the sands below – alongside a professional diver as well as a personal photographer and videographer. With their magnificent memento in hand, guests will return home via Baha Mar’s private jet to share tales of their underwater adventure with family and friends. The “Rolling in the Deep” experience is available at Rosewood Baha Mar with four nights’ accommodations and roundtrip flights on Baha Mar’s private jet, starting at USD202,100.
- Explore the Apex of Southern Hospitality, Fashion and Art (Dallas, Texas): Offering a behind-the-scenes, ultra-luxury look at several of the state’s most illustrious institutions, this one-of-a-kind experience in partnership with bespoke cowboy boot company Miron Crosby combines the best of Texas fashion, history and heritage for the ultimate southern escape. The exclusive excursion will whisk guests around Texas by private jet to participate in an array of authentically Texan activities, including a tour and fitting at Rios of Mercedes boot factory, a VIP visit to Marfa’s contemporary art museum Chinati Foundation and an overnight stay at a cattle ranch alongside the property’s owners, Miron Crosby’s founders Lizzie Means Duplantis and Sarah Means. Amidst the extraordinary outings, guests will design their own custom Miron Crosby cowboy boot at the brand’s Highland Park Village boutique with the help of Lizzie and Sarah, leaving Texas with a one-of-a-kind creation to be cherished for years to come. The “Bigger’n Texas” experience is available at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek with three night’s accommodations at the hotel and dinner at Mansion Restaurant, starting at USD197,600.
- Walk the Red Carpet at The Santa Barbara International Film Festival (Montecito, California): A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for cinephiles, this limited edition offering provides film fanatics with all-access passes to the most desired events at the world-renowned Santa Barbara International Film Festival (SBIFF.) Following a sumptuous dinner at Rosewood Miramar Beach’s signature oceanfront restaurant, Caruso’s, a custom Rolls-Royce Ghost will transport guests away to the historic Riviera Theater to enjoy a private screening of their choice of any 2020 Academy Award-nominated film. A fun-filled evening with A-list celebrities at the 2020 Maltin Modern Master Award Ceremony, with preferred VIP seating at The Arlington Theater, will grant a further glimpse inside the glamorous lifestyle of Hollywood’s elite. Back at Rosewood Miramar Beach, guests will be pampered with at Sense, A Rosewood Spa followed by a private hair and makeup session with The Wall Group Los Angeles’ celebrity makeup artist, Kate Lee, and hair stylist to the stars, Renato Campora. Once “red carpet ready,” the Rolls-Royce will once more carry guests away to make a grand entrance at The Arlington alongside the industry’s top talent and be escorted to their seats for the 2020 Virtuoso Awards, an exclusive awards ceremony honoring next-generation actors and actresses. The “A Star is Born” experience is available at Rosewood Miramar Beach with three nights’ accommodations and dinner at Caruso’s, starting at USD50,800.
- Sleep Under the Stars in the Arabian Desert (Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates): Ideal for couples looking for their next romantic adventure, Rosewood Abu Dhabi has collaborated with Starlight Camp to create an ultra-luxury glamping experience in the heart of the Arabian Desert. Guests will spend one night in a tailor-made, re-created Rosewood Abu Dhabi Suite set up in a domed tent amongst the desert dunes, where they will be treated to personal butler service, as well as a desert banquet prepared with outdoor cooking demonstrations by chefs. The “Ultimate Arabian Night” experience is available at Rosewood Abu Dhabi, starting at USD15,000.
- Hit a High Note at Café Carlyle with Steinway (New York, New York): The perfect gift for the music connoisseur, this experience offers a behind-the-scenes peek into the original Steinway & Sons Factory, where guests will discover the secrets of piano production and participate in the scrupulous crafting process of their very own bespoke piano. Steinway Label Executive Producer Jon Feidner will work alongside the lucky gift recipient to record and edit an original composition, which will go on to be the subject of a live playback listening party at Steinway Hall’s premier performance space. Back at The Carlyle, guests will close out the evening at the iconic Café Carlyle over a private performance by legendary Steinway Artist Haochen Zhang. The “Strike a Chord” experience is available at The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel with two nights’ accommodations, starting at USD200,000.
- Maintain the Future of Thailand’s Beaches (Phuket, Thailand): The private islands of Koh Mai Thon, Raya Island and Koh Khai and the picturesque Trang Beach at Rosewood Phuket, will welcome recipients of this exclusive excursion for a day of care and conservation. Upon arrival to each location, guests will work with scientists from Thailand’s Department of Marine and Coastal Resources to contribute to the restoration and clean-up of the beaches, helping to maintain their reputation as some of the most stunning sites in the region. In collaboration with Jean Tryn, owner of sustainable apparel retailer Trichus, and Rewat Chamnarn, former editor-in-chief of Wallpaper Thailand, guests will go on to transform the day’s debris into custom designed fashion pieces, which will later be displayed for sale at Rosewood Phuket’s retail gallery. The “Paradisce, Found” experience is available at Rosewood Phuket Hotel with four night’s accommodation, starting at USD16,950.
- Timeless Elegance as East Meets West (Bangkok, Thailand and Geneva, Switzerland): Lovers of haute design will delight in an entirely customized ensemble designed by notable names in two continents: Thai designer Vatanika Patamasingh Na Ayudhya and Swiss watchmaker Franck Muller. During a seven-night stay at Rosewood Bangkok, the lucky recipient will consult with Vatanika for the creation of a Thai-inspired outfit, which itself will inform a luxury timepiece co-designed by Vatanika and Franck Muller himself. Six months later, guests will receive two first class plane tickets to Geneva to pick up their watch at the famous factory. The “Fashion Forward” experience is available at Rosewood Bangkok Hotel with seven nights’ accommodations, daily breakfast, afternoon tea at Lakhorn European Brasserie, dinner for two at Nan Bei, cocktails for two at Lennon’s, two treatments for two people at Sense, A Rosewood Spa, and two first class plane tickets to Geneva at USD110,000.
- Capture the Essence of Hong Kong (Hong Kong, China): The perfect gift for photo enthusiasts and cinephiles, this experience, in collaboration with the leading Leica Cameras, offers an exclusive excursion throughout one of the world’s most photographed cities, Hong Kong. Rosewood Hong Kong’s executive chef Sandro Gamba, whose culinary talents and eye for visual flair has established Rosewood Hong Kong’s gastronomic reputation and a Leica insider himself, will lead the recipient on a photo adventure. Beginning with a personal portraiture photoshoot by Sandro Gamba throughout the urban tapestry of Hong Kong, the hotel’s Cultural Concierge will join to provide insights and observations of the city, only locals know. Guests will also take their own photos on their new Leica M10 camera during the day. Following the shoot, guests will be granted private access to the F11 Foto Museum, a space dedicated to the art of photography through a well-curated exhibition of rare cameras, books and photos. The “Life Behind the Lens” experience is available at Rosewood Hong Kong Hotel with two nights’ accommodations, daily breakfast at Holt’s Café, afternoon tea for two at The Butterfly Room, nightcap for two at DarkSide, bespoke dinner fort wo by Chef Sandro, roundtrip airport transfers starting at USD35,000.
- Bridge the Gap Between the Yangon of the Past and the Future (Yangon, Myanmar): History buffs will be invited to discover the roots of Myanmar through the eyes of a renowned Burmese historian, Dr. Thant Myint-U, in this immersive introduction to the captivating country. After a one-on-one meeting with the honored historian over afternoon tea, guests will take a limousine ride to U Thant House to discover the life and works of former United Nations Secretary-General U Thant before exploring the city by foot with a guide from Yangon Heritage Trust. The next day, guests will encounter the more modern side of Yangon, participating in street art painting sessions with the co-founder of Yangon Walls to help transform the city’s back alleys with colorful murals. The journey will end with a relaxing and refined handcrafted whiskey cocktail tasting at the CourtRoom Whiskey Bar and Cigar Lounge. The “When the Past Meets Future” experience is available at Rosewood Yangon with three nights’ accommodations, afternoon tea at the Living Room and dinner at NOVA, starting at USD6,500.
- The Heritage of Cognac Meets the Artistry of Beijing (Beijing, China and Paris, France): A brandy lover’s dream, this exquisite excursion brings travelers to the most exclusive corners of Martell Cognac, one of the world’s top cognac houses, to curate a collection of their own exclusive cognacs from the family’s private reserve alongside the property’s owner and cellar master. Topping off the bespoke experience, leading Chinese artist Li Yong Fei will take the personalization a step further, creating a customized commemorative trunk to house the one-of-the-kind collection. The “Master Pairings” experience is available at Rosewood Beijing Hotel with two nights in the Beijing House presidential suite, one night at Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel ’s Duc de Crillon Suite, one-night stay at Château de Chanteloup, one-on-one session and studio tour with artist Li Yong Fei, and private experience at Château de Chanteloup for up to six guests, starting at USD165,000.