Wyndham Hotels & Resorts announced today an agreement with developer Matt Braun of Braun Hospitality, LLC for five new Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham hotels in Oregon. These hotels join the approximately 300 Microtel hotels across the United States, and over 80 Microtel properties in the company’s U.S. pipeline.
The agreement provides for new Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham properties in the exciting Oregon growth markets of Florence, Ashland, Salem, Bend and Hood River. Braun Hospitality, the hotels’ ownership, will provide the development oversight and expertise for the planning, design, entitlement, and construction management of the five new properties.
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ashland
- Will offer 86 rooms in a popular four-season recreational and arts-centric destination nestled at the base of the Siskiyou and Cascade mountain ranges. Home to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Ashland is a cultural hotspot with award-winning galleries, theaters, and restaurants.
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence
- Located near Oregon’s coastal playground of miles of beaches and rolling sand dunes and just one hour west of Eugene-Springfield, Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence will feature 81 rooms in this go-to getaway destination for rest, relaxation, and recreation.
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salem
- Set in Oregon’s capital city, Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salem will feature 74 rooms in this city known for its vibrant downtown, museums, and historic sites, surrounded by green pastures and scenic vistas.
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hood River
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hood River will provide the perfect location for outdoor adventure enthusiasts. Guests of the 86-room hotel can enjoy nearby hiking, mountain biking, skiing, windsurfing, kite boarding and rafting, as well as an eclectic mix of downtown restaurants, bakeries, breweries, wineries, shops, and galleries.
Microtel Inn & Suites Bend
- With both outdoor pursuits and pristine beauty, Bend, Ore. offers everything from award-winning restaurants to alpine sports and ancient lava tubes. Microtel Inn & Suites Bend will feature 86 rooms conveniently located for travelers visiting the city’s art galleries, the High Desert Museum, or trekking the legendary Bend Ale Trail, the largest beer trail in the west.
These new Microtel properties will be designed using Microtel’s Moda prototype that is the first of its kind in the economy select-service segment, with a reimagined interior and exterior concept designed to further elevate the brand, reduce building costs, optimize efficiencies, and drive greater returns for developers. The modern, value-engineered prototype provides approximately 70% revenue-producing square footage – one of the strongest in both the economy and midscale segments. The only 100 percent new construction brand in its segment, Microtel offers a scalable design, larger guestrooms, a sleeker architectural style, as well as efficient back-of-house operations to drive labor savings. In 2020, Microtel hotels delivered a powerful RevPAR Index of 107 percent.