Wyndham Hotels & Resorts today announced plans for further growth with seven new hotel franchise agreements for its namesake, upscale, Wyndham® brand in the U.S. The hotels are owned by national hotel development company, The Thrash Group, and managed by Charlestowne Hotels. The properties include The Thrash Group’s Origin Hotel Collection, consisting of five lifestyle hotels as well as one historic hotel and a brand new construction hotel all of which will operate under the Wyndham umbrella.
“We are thrilled to welcome the Thrash Group to Wyndham. Now more than ever hotels can benefit by working with a brand that travelers know and trust that can generate more visitors to an owner’s property,” said Chip Ohlsson, chief development officer, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. “Our global sales, marketing and loyalty teams are looking forward to helping more travelers discover these award-winning hotels in historic and sought-after leisure destinations across the country.”
“Uniting these hotels under the Wyndham name will help us simplify the operations of our hotels, reduce our costs by leveraging Wyndham’s negotiated discounts with suppliers, and connect us to the award-winning Wyndham Rewards loyalty program,” said Ike Thrash, founding partner, The Thrash Group.
Details about the new hotels include:
- Origin Raleigh, a Wyndham Hotel – Situated in the heart of Raleigh, N.C., in the downtown warehouse district, this recently opened, 126-room hotel offers guests a unique experience highlighting the culture and community of the city. As one of the first boutique, lifestyle hotel experiences in the growing neighborhood, the hotel is designed to connect its guests to the essential spirit of Raleigh. Property highlights include a lobby bar, fitness center, meeting and event spaces, locally curated retail area, and an onsite restaurant, Good Day Good Night, featuring a thoughtfully sourced plant-forward menu.
- Origin Lexington, a Wyndham Hotel – Located in Lexington, Ky.—“Horse Capital of the World,” this hotel can be found where long held traditions meet the modern conveniences of Blue Grass country. Offering 120 unique and tastefully appointed rooms that opened in July 2019, the property offers a true local experience into the Lexington area and features an onsite fitness center, in room yoga kits, as well as in-room tents and tee-pees for kids. In addition, guests will also have the opportunity to enjoy a seasonally crafted menu with a modern, southern influence at 33 Staves restaurant.
- Origin Red Rocks, a Wyndham Hotel – Located outside of Denver in Golden, Colo. and The Official Hotel of the Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Origin Red Rocks opened in the summer of 2018 and features 123 beautifully designed guest rooms including 15 suites, an onsite fitness center, complimentary mountain bikes, a ballroom and additional meeting space, and a host of complimentary amenities. The hotel boasts Nomad Taqueria + Beer Garden, a Southwest-inspired restaurant serving delicious food, margaritas, and local beer. Origin Red Rocks is your avenue to experiencing authentic Colorado.
- Origin Westminster, a Wyndham Hotel – Surrounded by a variety of outdoor activities including hiking and biking and within the newly constructed Downtown Westminster, this hotel is will be ideally located between Denver and Boulder, Colo. With 128 beautifully designed guest rooms including seven suites, the hotel offers a freshly designed blend of local touches and appealing amenities that cater to all types of guests. The hotel will also have an onsite restaurant and bar, Famille, and will serve refined Colorado-inspired fare and craft cocktails. The hotel is scheduled to open in April of 2021.
- Origin Austin, a Wyndham Hotel – A new lifestyle hotel that is coming to the booming east Austin neighborhood and scheduled to open in early 2021, this new five-story, 120-room property is located inside Mueller’s Aldrich Street district and home to local shops and restaurants. The hotel will cater to a clientele hungry for experiences and a “choose-your-own-adventure room experience,” ranging from bunk beds to well-appointed suites with terraces. Other amenities include in-room yoga equipment, rooms outfitted with kitchenettes, an oversized gym and event and meeting space. The hotel will also feature an open-kitchen restaurant and bar, open to both hotel guests and the public, and more than 5,000 square feet of retail space.
- Hotel Tupelo, a Wyndham Hotel – A four-story, 80-room, boutique hotel in downtown Tupelo, Miss. scheduled to open in late 2021, this hotel will incorporate design nods to Tupelo’s history while maintaining a modern and upscale feel. The property will offer a local restaurant concept along with meeting space. The hotel is designed to be the perfect intersection for locals and travelers alike to gather.
- Hotel Morgan, a Wyndham Hotel – Since 1925, Hotel Morgan has been a part of Morgantown, West Virginia history. The 83-room hotel is located just blocks away from West Virginia University’s campus. This hotel will also feature two ballrooms and two boardrooms, including a grand ballroom that is a perfect backdrop for weddings and conferences. Scheduled to reopen in early 2021, the hotel renovation will include newly updated guest rooms, a craft cocktail lounge, Anvil + Ax, and an oversized fitness center.