AMJ Group today announced plans to develop the first Hyatt-branded hotel in Gainesville, Hyatt Place Gainesville Downtown. Expected to open in spring 2022, Hyatt Place Gainesville Downtown will bring the brand’s intuitive design, inspired by Gainesville’s uniquely creative and artistic culture, casual atmosphere and practical amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and 24-hour food offerings, to downtown Gainesville, adding to the historic neighborhood.
With 145 guestrooms, a second-floor elevated pool, market, lounge, restaurant and 1,800 square feet of meeting space, Hyatt Place Gainesville Downtown will cater to a wide variety of travelers, including guests visiting the University of Florida, and offer an elevated stay experience.
“As a local developer, AMJ Group has deep-rooted knowledge and experience in the Gainesville community, and we look forward to collaborating with them to introduce the first Hyatt-branded hotel to Gainesville,” said Jim Tierney, Hyatt’s senior vice president of development and owner relations, Hyatt Place and Hyatt House. “Hyatt Place Gainesville Downtown will bring a new and dynamic product to an important marketplace, and illustrates how the Hyatt Place brand continues to meet demand and desire for high-quality, functional hotels near university campuses.”
Hyatt Place Gainesville Downtown will be part of a mixed-use development with retail on the ground floor and five floors of residential space containing nine one-bedroom apartments, 30 studio-loft apartments and a residents-only fitness center. The development’s central location will provide Hyatt Place guests and local residents with the ability to easily explore all that downtown Gainesville has to offer, including the University of Florida, Innovation Square, parks, museums, restaurants and entertainment venues, such as the Hippodrome State Theater.
“We are thrilled to be contributing to the growth and sustainability of our community. We aim to develop a hub-like concept where visitors, Hyatt Place guests and residents can enjoy a variety of restaurants and shopping together. Accordingly, the creation of jobs to the downtown area will only strengthen this historic neighborhood. This development will be a collaborative effort and we look forward to bringing this Hyatt Place project to fruition,” said Mike Warren, President, AMJ Group Inc.
Hyatt Place Gainesville Downtown will offer:
- 145 spacious guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
- Breakfast Bar for guests featuring hot breakfast items, fresh fruit, steel cut oatmeal, Greek yogurt, and more
- The Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night
- The Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
- Necessities Program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel and guestrooms
- 1,800 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting space
- Fitness center featuring cardio equipment with LCD touchscreens