Seabourn announced today that it will cancel upcoming voyages for three cruise ships in its fleet as a part of its pause in global ship operations.
The announcement applies to Seabourn Encore, Seabourn Ovation, and Seabourn Sojourn with each ship having a different “effective through” date. Specific details are as follows:
- Seabourn Encore: with its operations pause effective through November 25, 2020.
- Seabourn Ovation: with its operations pause effective through December 20, 2020.
- Seabourn Sojourn: paused through World Cruise 2021, with its operations pause effective through May 24, 2021.
The brand had previously announced a pause in its global ship operations from March 14 to November 20, 2020, depending on the ship, effectively cancelling all voyages scheduled to operate during that timeframe. The decision to cancel additional voyages is a proactive action to deal with the circumstances continuing to evolve from the global response to the COVID-19 situation.
“We’ve been saying for some time that our resumption of service will come gradually, and this action reflects that discussion. The health, safety and well-being of our guests, crew and the people in destinations we visit remain a top priority,” said Josh Leibowitz, president of Seabourn. “Like many who watch the travel industry, we are encouraged by the signs emerging around the world that point to travel’s progress toward return. When our expert science and medical advisors and our destinations support the ability to resume travel, we’ll be ready.”
The ultra-luxury cruise line will be communicating changes for voyages scheduled to depart in the extension timeframe with all booked guests and their travel advisors.
Guests currently confirmed on Seabourn Sojourn’s 2021 World Cruise will be automatically re-accommodated in the same suite on Seabourn Sojourn’s 2022 World Cruise, at rate paid, within 30 days.
Guests with impacted cruises (except World Cruise 2021) will automatically be cancelled and all guests will receive Bonus Future Cruise Credits. They can also request a full refund of monies paid to Seabourn. Specific details are as follows:
- Paid in Full: those guests paid in full will receive 125% Future Cruise Credit of the base cruise fare paid to Seabourn. Guests can also request a full refund of the monies paid to Seabourn.
- Under Deposit: those guests with bookings under deposit will receive a Future Cruise Credit valued at 125% of the deposit amount paid. Guests can also request a full refund of the monies paid to Seabourn.
The Future Cruise Credit is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and may be used to book sailings departing through Dec. 31, 2022. The amount of non-cruise fare purchases may be transferred to a new booking. Alternatively, guests may request a refund of the monies paid to Seabourn, which will be reimbursed to the original form of payment.
Guests and their travel advisors will be sent specific details applicable to their booking. The ultra-luxury cruise line asks guests and travel advisors to use the online resources available on its website first rather than calling the Reservation Call Center for information about the cancellations due to the possibility of high call volumes and the potential of long on-hold wait times.