Before heading with the topic, it would be better to explore the term ETA as it is not always what it seems. There are a lot of things that an ordinary person would like to know about ETA, especially those who aren’t unique sure about it. This lack of self-confidence may be due to its newness or tendency to live within conventions, some distance away, let’s get started and find out.
What Is eTA?
ETA is the quick form of the terms of Electronic Travel authorization. It is a form of ticket and approval via way of the Canadian government. Anyone who has not had been given a visa or does now not need to apply for a visa can carry on his tours to Canada through an online application. The purpose of calling it Electronic Travel Authorization is the linkage of your passport with the Canadian officials. Once you have had been given an ETA Canada, you may travel through the Canadian airports at the same time as now not having a Visa.
How long will it take to process my eTA application?
The ETA won’t take long, being called the fastest travel permit service globally, with only 72 hours to process an application and a few minutes to approve it.
Another fantastic thing is affordability when it comes to cost. It amounts to 49 euros in case of an electronic eTR, which is exceptionally minimum. Not only the payment, but the payment route is also entirely secure.
Types of eTA
An ETA visa is for both business and general travel. You do not need to fill separate forms for business traveling, and a simple singular format will be enough for every traveling. Although it is a fantastic facility, it still has some restrictions, for example, you cannot work abroad with an eTA authorization. To work in a foreign state, you should only travel through an Employee Visa.
As per the current scenario of lockdown, you cannot avail of an eTA for regular traveling. Unless you are traveling under compelling circumstances to Canada, the (Temporary Resident Visas) TRVs and eTAs applications will not be processed unless you have immediate family members in Canada. Even in that situation, you can stay there for about 15 days.
Application and required documents
While you’re working on the Visa application, make sure that you follow the instructions mentioned below:
- You are required to provide your email address and password details. When submitting the form, please make sure that all the details are correct. There is no need to attach a copy of the passport.
- Once you’re done with the form, you will receive a confirmation email on the address you have submitted. Usually, it takes around 15-30 minutes, but it can also take more time depending on the influx of applications or the immigration office’s decision.
- There is no need to print anything as the details already get updated. However, we would suggest you should take a screenshot for security reasons.
It depends on your citizenship status, whether you need Canadian eTAs or not. For instance, if you are an American citizen, you do not need an eTA, but on the other hand, an African traveler will need an eTA. Does it sound complicated or discriminated? Worry not, even if a non-American has to apply, the procedure is still quite easy, as all you need is a passport. The border security will allow you in Canada without any other requirements.
In case you are not a Canadian citizen, you are eligible for eTA, and you will be required to get one to enter the country.
Requirements for traveling
For entering Canada, you need your passport (the one recorded against the eTA document). Note that eTA only works for travel by air to Canada. Following are the requirements you need to fulfill to apply for eTA through the online application:
For Brazilian citizens:
- US permanent residency (green card holder)
- Ownership of a Canadian visa for at least ten years
- Non-immigrant US visa holder
Above mentioned conditions apply to all British nationals.
- If the Taiwan Foreign Affairs ministry has authorized your passport, you’re eligible. Notice that it needs to have your identification number on it. Notice that if you have another visa, you can always get the regular one from the embassy.
- It would be best if you held a passport that Great Britain has issued; otherwise, you cannot apply.
- In a scenario where your nationality isn’t mentioned applying for a visa is a must.
- Remember that only those citizens are free from this obligation, who are the permanent US or Canadian citizens and the Canadian residents having dual citizenship.
In a nutshell, if you’re planning to visit Canada either for your business or as a tourist, there are specific guidelines that you strictly need to follow. The application process is extremely convenient and allows you to get authorized in just three steps. Once the application is submitted, the team of experts then analyzes your claim, and after examination, send you a confirmation email. Most importantly, if nothing works out, any payments made will be refunded following the terms and conditions.