The sheer scale and awe-inspiring majesty of the Rocky Mountains have captivated visitors to Colorado for hundreds of years. But there’s never been a resort to match the epic grandeur of the Rockies. Until now. Today, Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center officially opened its doors as the largest combined resort and convention center in Colorado.
Just 10 minutes from Denver International Airport, the resort is the fifth Gaylord Hotels® property and one of the largest resorts in the world to debut under the Marriott International brand this year. The Denver area has seen unprecedented growth in the past decade, but Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center is the definition of a gamechanger for the region, delivering 1,501 rooms, 485,000 square feet of convention center space and an extensive indoor/outdoor water park on a sprawling 85-acre site. For major convention planners and travelers (both business and leisure), Gaylord Rockies redefines and reimagines what a large-scale resort can be.
The Perfect Location
Overlooking the city of Denver skyline, framed by the Rocky Mountains, Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center is the first true tourism product in Aurora, Colo. – a rapidly growing community directly east of Denver. As one of the closest combined resort and convention centers to Denver International Airport – the fifth busiest airport in the nation – the property is perfectly positioned as a gateway destination to the Rocky Mountains with quick access to the Mile High City.
A Hyper-Local Colorado Approach
Setting it apart from other similarly-sized resorts, Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center is built from the ground up to authentically capture a local sense of place. The resort’s interior design and décor is modeled after aspects iconic to Colorado – everything from cascading waterfalls over boulders and local nature artwork to native landscaping and even elevators designed to look like old mine shafts, paying tribute to Colorado’s gold rush history. The Centennial State feel is carried over into guest rooms, with aspen tree-inspired carpets, lumberjack plaid print pillows and hiking and camping maps in the closets. In the Convention Center, charming Colorado details are sprinkled throughout including elements that represent ski tracks, snow drifts and snowflakes. Local food and beverage partnerships are also an integral part of resort including a collaboration with Dry Dock Brewing Co., an award-winning brewery in Aurora, which offers two exclusive resort branded brews.
The Ultimate Colorado Meetings & Events Venue
As Colorado’s premier meeting and convention destination, Gaylord Rockies’ “everything in one place” approach ensures groups maximizes their time together, while unrivaled meetings expertise and exemplary service standards guarantees a successful, stress-free experience. Planners can bring their conference, convention or meeting to life in one of the property’s new indoor or outdoor event rooms, including the 20,000-square-foot Aurora Patio and the 175,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall.
Gaylord Rockies By The Numbers
– The resort’s rustic, alpine charm features 1,501 rooms, including 114 well-appointed suites. Of the suites, there are 14 presidential suites ranging between 1,500- and 2,200-square-feet.
– The property boasts more than 486,000-square-feet of exhibition, meeting, pre-function and outdoor space.
– Dine formally or casually at eight food & beverage outlets, serving steak and American, Asian and Italian fares.
– The 100-foot Grand Lodges’ centerpiece is a 75-foot-tall (eight stories high) atrium window offering spectacular views of the Denver skyline framed by the Rocky Mountains.
– The 17-room Relache Spa and Salon, plus state-of-the-art fitness center and ice fountain, offer countless ways for guests to relax and recharge.
– Indoor and outdoor pools complete with a lazy river and three waterslides – a total of 22,000-square-feet of aquatic experiences – as well as an arcade, miniature golf, bike rentals, pickleball and more.
– A 75-foot viewing screen, the largest in the state, in the Mountain Pass Sports Bar – ideal for game day celebrations.