VistaJet commits to carbon neutrality by 2025 and spearheads the call for change — working with, and pushing, the industry to go further than the current goal of a 50% reduction of emissions by 2050 set by civil aviation industry bodies, IATA and the global business aviation community.
Aviation plays a crucial role in driving the global economy as well as connecting people and countries around the world. While it is impossible to imagine a world without air mobility, and as travel continues to be a necessity for many companies — particularly to redevelop their businesses postpandemic — we must make every effort to simultaneously protect our environment.
In 2020, over 80% of VistaJet Members offset CO2 emissions relative to their flights’ fuel consumption in partnership with South Pole, an award-winning project developer and global provider of climate action solutions. By offering its clients a means to compensate for the impact of their footprint, VistaJet is supporting an industry-wide push for a greener recovery and channeling important finance to projects that help reduce emissions and improve livelihoods, today.
VistaJet also partnered with SkyNRG, a pioneer and a global leader in Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF), to be the first to provide global access to SAF for business aviation. Among other product and service innovations, VistaJet introduced the Global 7500, the first business jet with an Environmental Product Declaration; optimized routes to reduce fuel burn; invested in AI technology for optimized fleet management; and drove the sustainability conversation and awareness among its clients and the whole aviation industry.
Outlined below are the sustainable projects VistaJet currently has in place to ensure the target is met:
- Outstanding Certified Carbon Offset Program for customers globally
- Global Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) Program for every client around the world
- Most Technologically Advanced Aircraft
- Fuel Consumption Reduction Technology
- Fuel Efficient Booking System
- Partnering with Leaders in Sustainability
- Sustainable In-Flight Products
- Moving to Renewable Electricity On-the-Ground
- Annual Greenhouse Gas (GHG) accounting report
- Annual Climate Risk report (starting in 2021), in line with the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)