web analytics

VINCI Airports to Buy Gatwick

Gatwick Airport is being sold to French group Vinci Airports. VINCI Airports today signed an agreement to acquire from current shareholders an effective 50.01% stake in Gatwick Airport Limited, a freehold property airport. The sale is expected to complete by mid-2019. The other 49.99% will be managed by Global Infrastructure Partners.

Gatwick is the UK’s second-biggest airport and the eighth-busiest in Europe by passenger numbers.

“As Gatwick’s new industrial partner, Vinci Airports will support and encourage growth of traffic, operational efficiency and leverage its international expertise in the development of commercial activities to further improve passenger satisfaction and experience,” said Nicolas Notebaert, Chief Executive Officer of VINCI Concessions and President of VINCI Airports.

VINCI Airports, a top 5 global player in the international airport sector, manages the development and operations of 45 airports located in France, Portugal (including the hub of Lisbon), United-Kingdom, Sweden, Serbia, Cambodia, Japan, United States of America, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Chile and Brazil. Served by more than 250 airlines, VINCI Airports’ network handled over 180 million passengers in 2017.

Scroll to Top