Bedsonline has announced today a preferred agreement, for the first time, with Express Travel Group (ETG), the largest group of fully independent travel agencies in Australia.
This new agreement enables Hotelbeds to further expand its retail distribution reach in the Pacific through access to the 450+ travel agencies located throughout Australia and New Zealand operated by ETG.
In turn, ETG’s partner agencies will gain full access to Hotelbeds’ extensive portfolio of 180,000 hotel properties in 140 countries around the world, many of which are contracted on special terms, all available on Bedsonline’s online portal for travel agents.
Shari Rokosuka, Strategic Account Manager at Bedsonline, said: “We are extremely pleased to announce this new partnership in the Pacific. We have worked closely with Ari & the team at ETG over the last few months, and are thrilled to now be able to launch Bedsonline to their members. The Pacific based Bedsonline team is ready to support the ETG members as international borders reopen, and we prepare for a very busy booking period ahead!”
Peter Jones, Regional Manager Pacific at Hotelbeds, the parent company of Bedsonline, said: “This is the first time that Bedsonline has become a preferred partner with ETG and the timing is perfect to take advantage of the huge pent-up demand for travel. We look forward to many successful years of partnership ahead!”
Ari Magoutis | Executive General Manager at Express Travel Group, added: “Express Travel Group is excited to partner with bedsonline and offer our members access to an established, global choice of hotels, transfers and activities. As we gradually move out of current travel restrictions and clients commence the planning process with our members, having a robust selection of product choice in key markets will be vital.”
Express Travel Group operates under five different brands:
- Select Travel Group – one of the leading buying groups in Australia and the largest across the national Chinatown market.
- Independent Travel Group – the most rapidly growing brand in the group, where members benefit from Express Travel Group national distribution platform and from the ability to retain their own brand and identity while still being part of a group.
- italk travel & cruise – the retail franchise travel agency available to Independent Travel Group members provides its members a fully branded italktravel & cruise option in an exclusive territory, marketing and website support.
- Independent Travel Advisors – a group of mobile or home-based agents that are agile and locally focused.
- Express Corporate – the brand offers members the ability to expand their operations through the utilisation of a corporate solution.
The group joins Hotelbeds’ existing portfolio of 60,000 commercial travel buyers, with a quality profile that, on average, attracts travellers who book higher value properties earlier, stay longer, have lower cancellation rates and spend more at the destination.