Lopesan, a leading European hotel group, has opened its first Caribbean luxury resort property in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic called Lopesan Costa Bávaro Resort Spa & Casino on July 13, 2019. The Dominican Republic property is the next milestone in the hotel groups global expansion outside of Europe; the Spain-based hospitality brand has 19 properties across Spain, Germany and Austria. The resort will be located on the Dominican Republic’s East Coast which is known for the bright blue waters where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Caribbean Sea.
“Lopesan Hotel Group bought some land in the Dominican Republic 20 years ago with the intention of extending our brand across seas to target the Caribbean market and implement the successful hospitality business that we developed in Europe. After two decades, Lopesan Costa Bavaro is completed and the expansion became a reality.” – Don Francisco López, CEO of Lopesan Hotel Group
Lopesan Costa Bávaro Resort Spa & Casino is one of the largest all-inclusive hotels in Punta Cana and has every aspect a vacationer would need including 215,300 sq. ft. of their own entertainment shopping and restaurant district called The Boulevard which includes a nightclub, casino, waterpark, theater, bowling alley, dedicated areas for children, tweens and teens, restaurants and more. The property is home to six restaurants, seven bars, six freshwater pools and more. The entire compound took over 15 months to build and Lopesan Hotel group invested over 257 million into the project.
HKS, the architects behind the Lopesan property, were signed on to create the ideal tropical getaway including the interior design and architect.
“It was an honor for HKS to be a trusted advisor on the Lopesan Costa Bavaro project – from the architecture and interior design to create a new international brand concept,” said Mary Alice Palmer, Principal at global design firm HKS. “The resort has a commanding presence not only upon arrival, but in the design of all the spaces – from the landscaping, to the guestrooms and all the amenities – highlighting the rich history and cultural identity of the Dominican Republic.”
The hotel sits on top of 27 acres of premiere beachfront property on the East Coast of the island and is located steps away from Bavaro Beach which ranks as one of the best unspoilt strips in the entire Caribbean. The Punta Cana airport is located 11 miles away and is 50 miles from the La Romana airport.
With 1,042 guestrooms and suites, the resort has three distinct sections to best accommodate visitors: Lopesan Costa Bávaro Resort, Spa & Casino, Adults Only and UNIQUE by Lopesan, with exclusive lodging, amenities and services. All guest rooms offer generous balconies and patios, and room sizes range from spacious Junior Suites at 463 sq. ft. to corner Honeymoon Suites at 1291 sq. ft., ensuring a stay at Lopesan Costa Bávaro is the epitome of comfort and relaxation. Additional attractions include;
• Eight fresh-water pools including a children’s-only pool, an adults-only pool and an additional two-level, 31,000 sq. ft., swim-up infinity pool.
• Titan Gym Bávaro, state of the art fitness center with professional trainers and all equipment is by top of the line Hammer Strength. Lopesan invested over $500k into the gym putting wellness as a high-priority at the resort.
• Two beach clubs on property with one being exclusive to guests staying at UNIQUE.
The resort is also home to The Boulevard, a 215,300 sq. ft shopping, entertainment and restaurant district. The area includes all aspects of an urban space and will include the below aspects with more to come.
• A full-scale casino with a variety of games including blackjack, roulette, craps, slot machines, card games and more.
• A 6 million dollar water-park with six waterslides including one that towers almost 50 feet
• SPA Costa Bávaro with 21 individual and 8 double rooms for spa treatments
• THE CONCERTS by Lopesan: Live music performances in different areas of the resort, the theater or the beach clubs.
• A wine cellar with over 50 top-level wines from France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Germany, USA, Chile.
• An English pub, coffee shop, sports bar, ice cream shop and 24/7 fast-food restaurant. All included.
• Dedicated areas for children, tweens and teens: “Panchi Kids Club” offering fun activities for kids aged 4-12 and “Vibe”, a separate space for tweens and teens aged 13-17 including arcade games.
• Medical center for walk-in medical care.
The restaurant scene will include multiple restaurants by local tastemakers. Each restaurant will bring unique flavor and fare to the property and include the restaurants listed below:
• The Valley: American restaurant
• Gondola: Italian à la carte restaurant
• Inari: Asian à la carte restaurant
• El Charro: Mexican restaurant
• El Asador: steak house restaurant
• Mareas: Adults-only
• La Boheme: French restaurant
There are also two international buffet restaurants and seven bars serving local and international spirits, wine and beer.
Lopesan Hotel Group prides itself in favoring a culture of social and environmental responsibility in all business aspects. Lopesan Costa Bavaro Spa Resort and Casino was built with eco-friendly mind set including major sustainability factors;
• Water is recycled through a filtration system that is generated on property
• Electricity is obtained through solar panels that powers most of the property
• Solar protected windows and extreme installation line each room to reduce the cost of energy
• Majority of the lighting is LED