Princess Cruises announced its largest Australia and New Zealand cruise season ever offered sailing towards some of the world’s most dramatic destinations during the cruise line’s October 2020 to May 2021 season. New for this season, Regal Princess joins sister ship Majestic Princess in Australia, marking the cruise line’s youngest fleet to sail in this region. Regal Princess is a MedallionClass ship powered by the OceanMedallion, the most advanced wearable device in the global hospitality industry, delivering a hassle-free, personalized vacation that gives guests more time to enjoy what they love most about cruising.
In total, five Princess Cruises ships are slated to service the 2020-21 cruise season, offering a capacity of more than 220,000 guests, and 127 total departures on more than 70 itineraries, ranging in length from two to 35 days.
Guests can explore the natural wonders of Australia and the cultural discoveries of New Zealand, to the island paradises of Papau New Guinea, New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Fiji and more. This season includes 80 destinations in 19 countries, from six homeports, including:
- Sydney & Auckland – Majestic Princess and Regal Princess
- Melbourne – Sapphire Princess
- Brisbane – Sun Princess
- Adelaide (NEW) and Perth (Fremantle) – Sea Princess
“Visiting destinations ‘Down Under’ is an aspiration for most travelers seeking new experiences,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president. “Our upcoming 2020-21 season offers the ultimate in choice with various ships, itineraries, homeports, cruise lengths and now our recognized OceanMedallion – featured onboard Regal Princess, offering unique experiences such as drinks on demand, turn-by-turn wayfinding and the best Wi-Fi at sea.”
Highlights of the 2020-21 Australia & New Zealand cruise season include:
- New – 14-day Eastern & Southern Explorer voyage sailing roundtrip from Adelaide aboard Sea Princess, featuring a maiden call to the port of Eden.
- Return to Christchurch (Lyttelton) – on select New Zealand itineraries, starting in Nov. 2020, Majestic Princess and Regal Princess will return to the rebuilt region of Christchurch, which was devastated by an earthquake in February 2011.
- More Ashore Ports – offering guests more to explore while in port, this season offers late night departures from 14 cities, including Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth, to name a few.
- Access to 14 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the Sydney Opera House, Greater Blue Mountains and Fiordland National Park.
- Two cruisetour options that combine a multi-night land tour with a cruise to visit the Great Barrier Reef and Uluru National Park’s for Ayers Rock.
While onboard, guests can continue to experience the local culture with “Across the Ditch,” immersing themselves in all things “Kiwi,” where guests will enjoy Maori culture, art and entertainment, as well as savoring local wines and cuisine.
Princess Cruises was recently awarded the “Best Cruise Line in Australia & New Zealand” by the Women’s Choice Awards and is a recognized destination leader in the cruise industry.
Captain’s Circle Savings and Early Booking Deposit
Princess Cruises past guests are eligible for a special promotion when they book early with up to a $100 per person discount off the public fare. This can be combined with launch and group promotions. These discounts do not apply to third or fourth berth guests. Additionally, a reduced deposit is available for Captain Circle guests when they book by November 30, 2019.