The 2020 Canada & New England cruise season offered by Princess Cruises showcases the fall foliage to iconic destinations along the east coast and even offers a trip to see the frozen landscapes of Greenland. Two ships sail the region – the debut of Sky Princess, joined by OceanMedallion-enabled Caribbean Princess – and cruises go on sale Nov. 8, 2018.
The 2020 Canada & New England season features 16 departures, visiting 16 destinations on five, ranging in length from five to 16 days. The season also include select sailings in the summer. Program highlights include:
- New for 2020! Caribbean Princess visits the frozen landscape of far-flung Greenland, to discover more of the world. This 16-day voyage roundtrip from New York travels to one of the world’s largest island, visiting this least populated territory, including the capital and country’s largest city, Nuuk, as well as Nanortalik and Qaqortoq. The cruise also makes stops in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Sydney (Cape Breton Island) and St. John’s, Newfoundland.
- Caribbean Princess offers 10-day Classic Canada & New England voyages out of Québec City and New York featuring overnight stays in Québec on every voyage. Ports stops visited include the seaside communities like Newport, Boston, Portland, Saint John (for the Bay of Fundy), New Brunswick, Halifax, Sydney (Cape Breton Island), Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island), Saguenay and Québec.
- In addition, Caribbean Princess offers a 13-day Canada & Colonial America cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Québec (or vice versa) featuring calls in Sydney (Cape Breton Island), Halifax, Saint John (for the Bay of Fundy), Bar Harbor (for Acadia National Park), Boston, Newport, Rhode Island, New York and Charleston (northbound) or Norfolk (southbound).
- Sky Princess sails on her maiden Canada and New England season with seven-day cruises roundtrip from New York, visiting Newport, Rhode Island, Boston, Bar Harbor (for Acadia National Park), Saint John (for the Bay of Fundy) and Halifax.
- A five-day Canadian Atlantic Provinces Getaway out of New York is also being offered aboard Sky Princess, visiting Saint John (for the Bay of Fundy) and Halifax.
Princess Cruises guests will immerse themselves in scenic destinations with in-depth excursions for every interest as only Princess offers one-of-a-kind Discovery and Animal Planet tours. Excursions range from yacht racing and wine tasting to exploring lighthouses and seeing world-famous Fenway Park. These cruise experiences also offer access to four UNESCO World Heritage Sits. Additionally, Princess Cruises offers More Ashore ports calls (9 pm or later departures) to discover more during the day and sample the night-life in Québec City and Boston during every 10-day Classic Canada & New England itinerary
Plus, once guests return to their cruise ship, regional flavors are drawn from these destinations with locally-inspired dishes such as New England Crab, plus craft cocktails like the Boston Cream Pie Martini.
The first Princess Cruises ship with all-guest OceanMedallion activation, Caribbean Princess delivers enhanced experiences through the OceanMedallion, wearable device. Guests use their OceanMedallion™ to discover how a personalized vacation can elevate their experience to a higher level by removing friction points, delivering enhanced levels of personalization and guest service all the while staying connected with land-like internet streaming speeds.
MedallionClass vacations offer guests an extensive portfolio of OceanMedallion-enabled features specifically designed to enhance the vacation experience. Highlights include:
- Keyless Stateroom Access: Stateroom entry is a seamless experience where each guest is securely validated and the door automatically unlocks, with personalized greetings launching soon.
- OceanNowTM: Using smart devices, guests have the ability to place a food or drink order and have it delivered directly to them in food and beverage locations throughout the ship.
- OceanCompass™ featuring OceanNav™ and ShipMates: On select portals guests can use OceanNav for point-to-point wayfinding throughout the ship via an intelligent navigation assistant, and utilize ShipMates to easily locate friends, family and kids.
- MedallionNet: Wi-Fi connectivity that is fast, reliable, unlimited and affordable. Guests on MedallionClass ships experience land-like connectivity for streaming sports, movies, music and videos, communicating on video phone calls from anywhere on the ship, and sharing their vacation experiences in real time with friends and family back home on social media platforms.
To further enhance guests’ cruise vacations, Princess Cruises is pleased to offer a choice of two options on the East Coast to see the sites of colonial America or Niagara Falls and the best of Eastern Canada:
- Historic America Cruisetour takes guests to such important places as Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello estate, Colonial Williamsburg, Independence Hall in Philadelphia and the Gettysburg Battlefield.
- The Maple Explorer Cruisetour brings guests to beautiful Niagara Falls; exciting cities like the capital of Ottawa and French-flavored Montreal with guided tours of the Canadian Museum of Civilization, dazzling cathedrals and the historic 19th century Rideau Canal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Guests will also be treated to a lovely cruise through the picturesque Thousand Islands.