This coming winter Four Seasons Hotel Megève offers a selection of amazing, nature-based experiences to maximise enjoyment of Megève and the Alps. The Hotel provides a wide variety of activities to suit every taste, as well as direct access to the ski slopes thanks to the Hotel’s horse-drawn sleds. Discover some of the region’s best kept secrets with Four Seasons this winter.
- Take off aboard the Four Seasons helicopter for a day exploring the most fabulous ski resorts in the Alps – Courmayeur in Italy, Flaine with its family-friendly pistes, Courchevel and its gourmet restaurants and party spots, and Val d’Isère and its vast ski area. Food lovers will take particular pleasure in visiting the traditional Ferme des Vonezins in Thônes or Marc Veyrat’s exceptional restaurant in Manigod.
- Enjoy an exciting dog-sledding expedition with a professional musher, departing from the Hotel. This winter, the Hotel will have its own sled dog pack located on site. Children and adults alike will be able to participate in daily activities, such as feeding the dogs.
- Try out snowmobiling in the fresh snow along the beautiful pine tree forest at the foot of Côte 2000, only a few minutes away from the Hotel. A unique experience awaits on the first electric snowmobiles in France, whether one wants to ride solo, with a partner or as a family.
- Discover the thrills of a fat tyre bike expedition, with options for beginners through to expert riders. The electric bikes are especially designed to ride on the snow.
- Float on the breeze aboard a hot air balloon over the Hotel, taking in spectacular sunrise views of the Aravis Range and the Mont Blanc Massif.
- For a romantic outing, take a Polaris snow quad ride from the Hotel up to the summit of Mont d’Arbois, and watch the sun rise over Mont Blanc while enjoying a hot drink on the terrace of the Ideal 1850 Restaurant. Round out the experience by joining the ski patrol out on the fresh snow as they open up the pistes for the day ahead.
- Jump on a snowcat at sunset up to the summit of Mont d’Arbois. Then sledge down to the Hotel’s “Carnotzet” hut to sample typical Savoy specialities such as fondue, croûte du Beaufortin, croziflette, génépi and more.
And don’t forget the classic winter experiences of snowshoeing excursions, paragliding, alpine skiing, ski touring and horse and carriage rides from the Hotel down to Megève’s village centre.
Especially for Families
- In Megève, children are the kings and queens of the mountains. During the school holidays, an exciting weekly program of fun activities is on offer, ranging from building an igloo to dog-sledding, riding electric snowmobiles, sledging, skikjøring (horse-drawn skiing), cooking and baking classes or skiing on the beginner slopes right on the Hotel’s doorstep
- Fun après-ski combining Megève’s savoir-vivre and festive flair. During the school holidays, a torch-lit descent will be held every Saturday evening on the slopes directly above the Hotel. Mulled wine tasting and fireworks will follow for a typical and unforgettable mountain experience. Ice sculpture activities will also be on offer every Saturday on the Hotel’s doorstep.
End-of-Year Celebrations at the Domaine du Mont d’Arbois
On December 25, 2018, Santa Claus will visit Four Seasons Hotel Megève on his sled. Special seasonal menus will be on offer at the Hotel and Domaine’s restaurants to celebrate Christmas and the New Year.
Enjoy fine dining at Le 1920 with black truffle, brie de Meaux Edmond de Rothschild, beluga caviar and Champagne Barons de Rothschild granita. The Russian New Year menu will be prepared by the Hotel’s resident two Michelin-star Chef Julien Gatillon, accompanied by Denis Prokhorov from Four Seasons Hotel Lion Palace St. Petersburg. Restaurant Kaito will offer a stunning Japanese/pan-Asian fusion menu for New Year’s Eve dinner, and a delicious brunch on New Year’s Day.
Prima, the Chalets du Mont d’Arbois’ gastronomic restaurant, will offer special menus for Christmas and New Year, with La Taverne du Mont d’Arbois also offering a special dinner menu for New Year’s Eve. Whether looking for a fine dining experience or a more traditional Savoyard meal, guests sure to find a magical culinary experience to round out the year.