Hyatt today announced its brand expansion plans for Asia Pacific, with six new hotel brands entering the market. This includes the introduction of the Caption by Hyatt, Destination by Hyatt and Thompson Hotels brands to the region, further emphasizing a growing desire from travelers, World of Hyatt members, and owners for hotels that offer unique, differentiated experiences across all demographics, including Millennials to Generation Z.
“The Asia Pacific region is one of the fastest-growing regions in the world and has tremendous potential to meet accelerating and leisure travel. As we continue to actively build our brand presence here, we hope to expand the portfolio of Hyatt’s luxury and lifestyle brands to better meet the diverse needs of the market,” said Stephen Ho, President – Growth and Operations, Asia Pacific. “China has always been a strategic focus for Hyatt. With a growing middle class and continued upgrade in consumption, the tourism economy in the Greater China region continues to grow with new opportunities and vitality and plays an important role in the recovery of the entire Asia Pacific hotel industry. We very much look forward to introducing these three uniquely styled hotel brands to the China market as we expand the footprint of our luxury and lifestyle brands to provide unique and customized Hyatt experiences to more guests.”
Hyatt continues to expand the presence of its luxury and lifestyle brands, including bringing three major brands to the Asia Pacific market for the first time.
- Caption by Hyatt hotels combine the design and comfort of a lifestyle hotel with the flexibility and self-service of a premium hotel. Caption by Hyatt hotels are not just in a place, but truly of it, fully embracing the life and culture of the local community and creating space for meaningful connections. With an innovative focus on both travelers and locals, the brand addresses the core demands of the new generation of conscious subscribers who seek authentic connection and self-expression, and who are authentic pleasure seekers in travel and everyday life. The first Caption by Hyatt hotel in Asia Pacific is expected to open in 2022 in Shanghai’s Zhongshan Park business district. Featuring self-activated experiences, shared social space, all-day dining and sustainable operations, the hotel aims to forge a real bond among hotel guests and the local community.
- The Destination by Hyatt brand is a diverse collection of independent hotels, resorts and residences that are individual at heart yet connected by a commitment to embody the true spirit of each location. Each property is purposefully crafted to be a place of immersive discoveries, authentic design, and genuine service. By connecting guests to both people and place, Destination by Hyatt hotels offer a truly distinctive travel experience. Grand Resort Qingchengshan is expected to be the first Destination by Hyatt hotel in Asia Pacific in 2022, with plans for an additional Destination by Hyatt hotel in Dalian.
- Thompson Hotels offer a dynamic home base for like-minded, culture-savvy travelers, and a meeting place of diverse cultures, traditional or fashionable, sophisticated or casual, popular or niche, alike. A variety of music, art, cuisines and designs are mixed and matched here, and guests can connect with up-and-coming creatives showcasing the most relevant and authentic expression of culture in each destination. The first Thompson Hotels property in Asia Pacific will make its debut in 2023 at the Expo Park by Huangpu River in Pudong District, Shanghai, where it will offer a sophisticated and unique hotel option for leisure travelers and trade show attendees.
- Hyatt Centric is a full-service lifestyle hotel brand. Located in popular destinations, Hyatt Centric hotels are a place where guests can feel the pulse of the city. Featuring sophisticated and smart design, the hotels serve as a convenient home base for savvy modern explorers to discover all that the destination has to offer and never miss a moment of the action or adventure. The Hyatt Centric brand is making rapid advances in the Greater China region, with hotels under this brand planned to open in Ningbo, Xi’an, Xiamen and Shanghai, providing more inspiration for guests looking to explore these destination cities.
- With the upcoming grand openings of Alila Taihu in Suzhou, China and Alila Dalit Bay Sabah in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, Hyatt continues to strengthen the Alila brand in Asia Pacific, offering a rare balance of serenity and discovery, and luxury defined by private space, artisanship and personalized service.
- A global expression of local culture, Andaz hotels are popular among guests and communities for their vivid and distinctive brand features. Providing guests with a truly immersive stay in inspiring destinations, the Andaz brand will further expand its presence in Greater China with the expected upcoming openings of Andaz Hexi Nanjing and Andaz Macau. The Andaz brand is also slated to debut in the Thai capital in 2023 with the opening of Andaz One Bangkok, which will be developed as part of One Bangkok, a dynamic fully integrated district in the heart of the city that is set to become a new global landmark destination.