Embassy Suites by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, and Home2 Suites by Hilton, collectively making up the All Suites brands by Hilton, had a strong start to 2019, opening 21 properties in the first quarter and remaining on pace to open 130 by the end of the year. Together, the All Suites brands by Hilton have nearly 1,050 open properties and a pipeline of close to 600.
This year will also be noteworthy for each brand individually, with Home2 Suites by Hilton having just hit its 300th property milestone and continuing its legacy of strong growth. At the same time, Homewood Suites by Hilton, which has increased in brand value by 99 percent year over year according to Brand Finance’s Hotels 50 2019 annual report, is preparing to celebrate its 30th anniversary while nearing its milestone 500th property. Embassy Suites by Hilton is also getting set for an anniversary, and its 35th year has already been marked by expansion, with new signed deals for properties in the Caribbean and EMEA countries.
“We’re excited to celebrate these milestones and anniversaries in a year that’s already been filled with so much achievement, from soaring brand values to growth of our international footprint to making a positive global impact through the expansion of our soap recycling program,” said Dianna Vaughan, global head and senior vice president, All Suites brands by Hilton. “Not only are we delivering for our owners and guests, we’re also championing Hilton’s goal of sending zero soap to landfills and cutting the organization’s environmental footprint in half by 2030 with our recent launch of the Clean The World Challenge.”
Brand Achievements and Upcoming Milestones
Beyond their success as a category, each individual All Suites brand has achieved impressive wins, from milestone property counts to expansion in international markets.
All Suites brands by Hilton:
• This quarter, the category launched the Clean the World Challenge in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton by Hilton. An expansion of Hilton’s partnership with Clean the World, the brands are challenging hotel owners and Team Members to collect bars of soap left behind by guests to be recycled into 1 million bars of new soap by Global Handwashing Day on October 15.
Embassy Suites by Hilton:
• This year, Embassy Suites by Hilton is celebrating its 35th anniversary. To kick off this milestone year, the brand announced the signing of an exciting new hotel, its debut property in Aruba. The upcoming oceanfront Embassy Suites by Hilton Aruba Resort is scheduled to open in mid-2021 and is part of Hilton’s commitment to growth across the Caribbean.
Homewood Suites by Hilton:
• Homewood Suites by Hilton is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year and is also quickly approaching its milestone 500th property with a current portfolio of 485 open hotels and over 100 properties in the pipeline. To follow along as the brand celebrates with a 30th anniversary roadshow, use the hashtag #HomewoodSuites30.
Home2 Suites by Hilton:
• This quarter, Home2 Suites by Hilton continued on its path of rapid growth and opened its 300th property, the Home2 Suites by Hilton Chicago River North. This property marks not only a milestone number of opened hotels, but also adds to the brand’s growing portfolio of urban properties.
In the first quarter of 2019, the All Suites brands by Hilton continued to lead the hospitality industry with innovative strategies and rapid growth, opening several new properties including:
• Embassy Suites by Hilton Plainfield Indianapolis Airport: Conveniently located just minutes from Indianapolis International Airport and the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway, this property expands the brands footprint in popular leisure destinations.
• Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin Downtown: This property in the heart of Texas’ capital provides easy access to the dining, shopping, and business districts while furthering the brands foothold in major Texas markets.
• Homewood Suites by Hilton Providence Downtown: Centrally located in Providence’s historic district, the suites in this downtown property feature beautiful river and city skyline views.
• Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown-Riverwalk: This historic adaptive reuse property speaks to the brand’s array of building models while adding to the number of downtown locations in the portfolio.
• Home2 Suites by Hilton Orlando Near Universal: With a complimentary shuttle service going directly to Universal Orlando Resort™, this property is a convenient choice for resort travelers.
The All Suites brands by Hilton grew its pipeline with 37 new signed deals in the first quarter of 2019, bringing the total combined pipeline to nearly 600 pending hotels. Notable signed deals, reflecting the category’s growth both internationally and in key destinations domestically, include the Embassy Suites by Hilton Dubai Business Bay, Homewood Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, and the Home2 Suites by Hilton Ajax in Canada.