Air France-KLM and Bank of America launched the new Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard® to reward loyal Air France, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, and SkyTeam members. It is the first and only Air France-KLM co-branded credit card available in North America.
The new card will allow customers to gain Miles and XP (Experience Points), the reward currency for Air France-KLM’s Flying Blue Loyalty Program. The launch follows a recent global update to Flying Blue, which commenced in April 2018. The enhanced program enables more flexible spending of Miles and a more simplified, personalized membership level qualification.
“We are excited to launch this new card to reward our loyal customers in the United States. The U.S. is a major market for Air France-KLM with growing demand for our flights and services from 14 American airports to Amsterdam, Paris, and beyond,” said Stephane Ormand, vice president and general manager USA at Air France-KLM. “Flyers in the U.S. have many choices. It is our priority to delight and reward our frequent fliers. Especially following the enhancements to our Flying Blue program, this card will allow us to provide customers more flexible, accessible reward tickets and provide services designed to make trips more enjoyable.”
The Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard offers the following features:
- Earn three Miles for every $1 spent on purchases made directly with Air France, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and SkyTeam member airlines.
- Earn 1.5 Miles for every $1 spent on all other qualifying purchases.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Miles after the cardholder makes $1,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of their account opening.
- Earn 60 XP (Experience Points) upon account opening for the Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard® (limited to one time per Flying Blue member). 60 XP bring new cardholders 60 percent closer to achieving Silver status.
- Receive a benefit of 5,000 anniversary Miles after spending at least $50 on purchases within the card anniversary year.
- Plus, receive 20 XP every year on the account anniversary and the opportunity to earn an additional 40 XP after spending at least $15k on purchases within the card anniversary year (totaling up to 60 XP).
“We’re particularly proud to offer the competitive rate of three Miles per dollar spent not only with Air France or KLM but with any of our SkyTeam partners,” said Ormand. “Thanks to our partners, this card gives our loyal customers the unique ability to get more benefits when they fly to over 1,000 destinations within the SkyTeam network.”
“This partnership will deepen the relationship we have with our Bank of America clients who choose to fly Air France-KLM,” said Michael Simpson, co-brand and affinity card executive at Bank of America. “Partnerships like this ensure we are providing loyal clients with card programs that meet their financial needs.”
“Customer experience has never been more important for travelers, and Air France KLM has always kept this top priority, delivering a streamlined customer journey from booking to take-off,” said Linda Kirkpatrick, EVP Merchants & Acceptance for Mastercard. “We are pleased to partner with them and Bank of America to deliver a cardholder value proposition that reflects this longstanding commitment, with rewards and offerings that meet and exceed their customers’ needs.”