For guests sailing on Caribbean Princess since early September, satisfaction scores indicate they thoroughly enjoy using their OceanMedallion™ to discover how a personalized vacation can elevate their experience to a higher level by removing friction points, delivering enhanced levels of personalization and guest service all the while staying connected with land-like internet streaming speeds.
OceanMedallion, the wearable device guests use to access enhanced experiences, continues to roll out as part of a phased activation plan that since early September has been used by all of the 3,100 guests on Caribbean Princess. OceanMedallion features leading-edge technology that enhances guest-crew interactions, enables interactive entertainment, and delivers personalized service.
MedallionClass vacations offer guests an extensive portfolio of OceanMedallion-enabled features specifically designed to enhance the vacation experience. They currently include:
- Keyless Stateroom Access: Stateroom entry is a seamless experience where each guest is securely validated and the door automatically unlocks, with personalized greetings launching soon.
- MedallionPay™: All guests use an easy and hassle-free, payment experience enabling crew members to focus on guest service interactions.
- OceanCasino™: On smart devices and select portals, guests can wager real money on a portfolio of games, including slots, poker, bingo, roulette, keno and lottery from anywhere on board.
- OceanCompass™ featuring OceanNav™ and ShipMates: On select portals guests can use OceanNav for point-to-point wayfinding throughout the ship via an intelligent navigation assistant, and utilize ShipMates to easily locate friends, family and kids.
- JourneyView: On portals throughout the ship, guests can access a real-time look at their itinerary, along with events and activities taking place during their cruise.
- OceanViewTM: Guests can stream more than 100 hours of award-winning Ocean Original travel content – which airs nationally on weekends on ABC and NBC – to their smart device anywhere on the ship at no cost.
- PlayOceanTM: On portals located shipwide, guests are able to play family games, including trivia, word jumble, a matching game, and Ocean Treks Adventure – an interactive, shipwide digital scavenger hunt.
Caribbean Princess now also features Carnival Corporations’ MedallionNet™, offering guests Wi-Fi connectivity that is fast, reliable, unlimited and affordable with an access point in every stateroom. Guests on MedallionClass ships experience land-like connectivity for streaming sports, movies, music and videos, communicating on video phone calls from anywhere on the ship, and sharing their vacation experiences in real time with friends and family back home on social media platforms – another factor contributing to higher guest satisfaction scores.
OceanMedallion activates a travel industry first with an Experience Internet of Things (xIoTTM) platform using a guest-centric approach that helps maximize a cruise vacation in real-time based on guests’ choices and preferences. The result delivers enhanced personalization on a large scale across every aspect of a cruise vacation.
OceanMedallion was first unveiled by Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald at CES 2017 and was a key factor in Fast Company recognizing the corporation with two Innovation as Design Awards that same year.
The company’s guest experience platform actively learns an individual guest’s needs, wants and desires in real time. The guest experience intelligence then flows into a tool used by crew members called GuestView, which provides them with relevant insights, such as a display of a guests’ names and where they are from, and information about their loyalty level or assigned dining. When that guest visits another bar or restaurant on board, the staff has visibility into that guest’s preferences, enabling them to anticipate ways to provide an even higher level of personalized service.
In addition to current Medallion-enabled features on Caribbean Princess, Princess Cruises will continue rolling out additional advanced offerings for guests this fall while also continuing to refine the enhanced experience based on guest and crew feedback.