Ryanair reminded customers of its new baggage policy, as part of its “Always Getting Better” programme. Ryanair has introduced new reduced checked bag fees (and increased check-in bag sizes) to encourage more customers to check in bags and reduce the number of customers with 2 bags at the boarding gates. As too many customers were availing of Ryanair’s improved 2 free carry-on bags service, and with high load factors (95% in Dec) there is not enough overhead cabin space for this volume of carry-on bags, which is causing boarding/flight delays.
To encourage more customers to check-in some bags and reduce the volume of carry-on bags, Ryanair has introduced bag policy changes on all flights as follows:
– The check-in bag allowance has increased from 15kg to 20kg for all bags
– The standard check-in bag fee has been cut from €/£35 to €/£25 for this 20kg bag
– Only Priority Boarding customers (including Plus, Flexi Plus & Family Plus) will be allowed to bring two carry-on bags on the aircraft* from 15th January 2018
– All other (i.e. non-priority) customers will only be allowed to bring one smaller carry-on bag on board the aircraft, while their second (bigger) wheelie bag must be placed in the hold (free of charge) at the boarding gate from 15th January 2018.
* Priority Boarding can be purchased for just €/£5 at the time of booking or added to a booking for €/£6 up to two hours (on Ryanair.com) and 30 minutes (on Ryanair app) prior to scheduled departure time.