Experience both the colors and culture of Playa Del Carmen while enjoying exceptional service and innovative gastronomy at The Fives Downtown Hotel & Residences, Curio Collection by Hilton. Marking the first Curio Collection property in the country and Hilton’s first hotel in Playa del Carmen, the boutique hotel features 93 contemporary guest rooms, a rooftop infinity pool overlooking the Caribbean Sea and four dining outlets, including an authentic tequila bar with more than 100 different tequilas and mezcals.
Located at Avenida 10 Norte and Calle 2 in Playa del Carmen, The Fives Downtown Hotel & Residences is located two blocks from the picturesque Playa del Carmen beach and offers convenient access to the area’s top attractions, including Tulum, Chichen Itza and Coba, as well as Xplor Park and Xcaret Park. Guests can also visit the shops and restaurants along Fifth Avenue, just a block away from the property.
Designed by architects Gabriel Téllez and Erick Alcalá, with interiors by Mario Téllez Gurbina, the hotel design is inspired by traditional Mexican decor, translated into a contemporary and authentic retreat for travelers. The hotel’s stylish guest rooms feature authentic Mexican design details accented with vivid colors and natural textures inspired by the Caribbean Sea and the region’s jungle and cenotes. Guests can relax on private furnished balconies or terraces, as well as enjoy the hotel’s courtyard, featuring a vertical garden and modern artwork from renowned international artists.
Upscale Guest Amenities
- Purobeach – A rooftop oasis overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Purobeach offers a beautiful 50-meter infinity pool, cabanas, massage services and a restaurant boasting international cuisine that takes guests from Miami to Marrakesh to Melbourne. At night, lounge music and mixologists’ creations will set the mood for entertainment.
- Fitness: Guests can take advantage of the on-site 24-hour gym’s state-of-the-art equipment. At an additional cost, guests may also request a certified Technogym personal trainer and yoga classes.
- Meetings & Events: The property features just over 900 square feet of flexible meeting space for up to 120 attendees, a boardroom for 12 and a main meeting room bathed in natural light.
Innovative Dining Options
- El Tigre – With local, handcrafted beers and more than 100 different tequilas and mezcals, El Tigre offers an authentic tequila bar experience. Guests can share tapas while the bar’s tequila master guides them through the vast menu.
- Mercatto – A vibrant, sharing-style Italian restaurant, Mercatto serves healthy breakfast options and shared plates for dinner with an excellent selection of wines and craft beers, direct from the open kitchen.
- Marley’s Coffee – The shop offers a wide variety of coffee, tea and pastries.