Qantas has launched its second credit card – Qantas Premier Everyday Mastercard®. With an annual card fee of $49, Qantas Premier Everyday, issued by Citi, is targeted at Qantas Frequent Flyer members who want a high Qantas Points earn rate on a low fee card.
Key earn features include:
- 20,000 bonus Qantas Points when you sign up before 29 April and spend $3,000 within 90 days of card approval[i] – which is enough for a one way Economy Classic Flight Reward from Sydney to Queenstown[ii]
- up to 1.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas flights, Qantas Club membership and purchases through the Qantas Store
- 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases overseas
- 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases in Australia up to $3,000 each billing month, and 0.4 points thereafter
- uncapped points earning potential.
Cardholders can also use the Qantas Money app to help manage their finances. As well as tracking their spending habits, cardholders can categorise their purchases and connect their accounts with other financial institutions so they can see them all in one place within the app.
Qantas Loyalty and Digital Ventures CEO Jayne Hrdlicka said Qantas Premier Everyday comes six months after the launch of its Premier Platinum credit card, which has already rewarded Frequent Flyer members with more than one billion Qantas Points.
“Qantas Premier Everyday offers members looking for a low fee credit card a new opportunity to be rewarded and we expect it to be popular particularly among younger travellers wanting a more affordable credit card option that still has key features,” Ms Hrdlicka said.
“Millennials are our fastest growing member segment and we know they love to travel. Qantas Premier Everyday has a low annual fee, but offers the highest Qantas Points earn rate for a low fee Mastercard, meaning it’s easier for members to build their points balance faster and use them towards travel rewards like flights, hotel stays and car hire. And with complimentary travel insurance included, which is rare for a low fee card, they can save even more on their trip.”
In addition to the points earn and travel benefits, Qantas Premier Everyday will offer zero per cent balance transfers for 15 months. Cardholders can also join the Qantas Frequent Flyer program for free if they’re not already members.
Users of the Qantas Money app can also activate weekly bonus Qantas Point offers from a range of retailers which they can use instore and online.
Qantas Premier Everyday will sit alongside the Qantas Premier Platinum card, which has a higher points earn rate and offers access to travel discounts and lounge invitations for an annual fee of $149 for the first year and $299 for each subsequent year.