Eclectic and robust local art scenes are popping up within new communities across North America – two of which neighbour the latest additions to the growing portfolio of hotels from DoubleTree by Hilton, one of Hilton’s 14 market-leading brands.
DoubleTree by Hilton is bringing its globally recognized hotels – each featuring its signature welcome and warm DoubleTree Cookie – to two new destinations: Greeley, Colo and Halifax, Nova Scotia. With each hotel touting easy access to regional art exhibits, galleries and museums, these communities offer the perfect getaway or reason to extend any business trip into the weekend.
Newly debuted in September, DoubleTree by Hilton Greeley at Lincoln Park features ranch-inspired guestroom wall murals and contemporary suites reflecting the local community. Other hotel highlights include a heated indoor pool, 24-hour state-of-the-art fitness center and flexible meeting space for up to 800 people. For those seeking a memorable meal or handcrafted cocktail, Meeker’s Colorado Kitchen & Bar is a culmination of community and culinary ingenuity that embraces the innovative return to the farmhouse kitchens of yesterday.
Located in the heart of downtown Greeley within walking distance to a variety of entertainment, art and shopping venues, the hotel is especially ideal for art lovers wanting to experience Colorado’s eclectic art scene:
- Greeley’s First Friday Night of Art offers the chance to visit local galleries and businesses featuring rotating artwork held the first Friday of each month.
- The Showcase Art Center features a comprehensive collection of local art along with studio space, classes and piano lessons.
- Located just steps from the hotel, Union Colony Civic Center is a state-of-the-art performing arts complex and community theater with regular performances.
Recently opened in September, DoubleTree by Hilton Halifax Dartmouth overlooks beautiful Halifax Harbor just minutes from downtown. With inviting décor and a diverse, modern menu, The Narrows Bistro features everything from handcrafted cocktails to local favorites. The hotel also boasts a variety of spacious suites with private balconies lending expansive views and more than 14,000 square feet of flexible event space. Guests looking to stay fit and active while on the road can enjoy the large fitness center, a heated indoor swimming pool and a 24-hour onsite convenience store with a variety of healthy grab-and-go offerings.
Located near Nova Scotia’s leading entertainment and business districts, the hotel is perfect for any guest desiring a productive trip infused with Canadian culture:
- Named one of Canada’s premiere art institutions dating back to 1908, Art Gallery of Nova Scotiabrings prominent traveling exhibitions to Atlantic Canada from around the world.
- The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, the oldest and largest Maritime Museum in Canada, honors the relics and art of Canada’s diverse naval past.
The new hotels – like all 500+ in the DoubleTree by Hilton portfolio – are part of Hilton Honors, the award-winning guest-loyalty program for Hilton’s 14 distinct hotel brands. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels save time and money and gain instant access to the benefits they care about most, such as an exclusive member discount, free Wi-Fi and a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay.
To celebrate each hotel’s opening, Hilton Honors members will be awarded a bonus of 1,000 Points per night for stays completed at DoubleTree by Hilton Halifax Dartmouth now through Apr. 15, 2018 (maximum of 5,000 points) and at DoubleTree by Hilton Greeley at Lincoln Park between Oct. 25, 2017 and Jan. 31, 2018.