WestJet Belize Service
WestJet today announced new non-stop weekly service between Calgary and Belize, effective November 3, 2017. The service is part of the airline’s seasonal schedule for the winter of 2017-18 which includes more flights from Calgary to Vancouver, Toronto, Fort McMurray, Kelowna, Brandon, Grande Prairie, Kitchener, Los Angeles, Houston, Phoenix, Palm Springs, Cancun and Cabo San Lucas.
WestJet will also increase service on the following routes from Calgary:
- Calgary–Vancouver, from 90 to 97 times weekly (15 times each business day), more than any other carrier.
- Calgary–Toronto, from 58 to 68 times weekly, (10 times each business day), more than any other carrier.
- Calgary–Fort McMurray, from four to five times each business day.
- Calgary–Kelowna, from six to seven times each business day, more than any other carrier.
- Calgary-Brandon, from 10 to 12 times weekly.
- Calgary–Grande Prairie, 19 to 26 times weekly.
- Calgary-Kitchener, from five to seven times weekly.
- Calgary–Los Angeles, from 11 to 14 times weekly.
- Calgary–Phoenix, from 19 to 20 times weekly.
- Calgary–Palm Springs, from 18 to 20 times weekly.
- Calgary–Cancun, from 14 to 16 times weekly.
- Calgary–Cabo San Lucas, from seven to eight times weekly.
“The considerable increase in frequencies out of YYC, combined with the introduction of WestJet ‘s Calgary to Belize route is exciting news for Albertans,” said Bob Sartor, President and CEO for The Calgary Airport Authority. “Enhancing the WestJet network out of their home base is a strategic investment to advance one of their largest hubs, and provide YYC passengers with more options to connect out of Calgary.”
WestJet also announced the addition of dozens of new flights across Canada. The additional flights deliver optimized service for both the business and leisure traveller and give Canadians greater connectivity into and out of WestJet hubs in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto, providing more flight frequency between key routes, more convenient schedules and greater access from regional airports to Canada, the U.S., Mexico, Caribbean and the U.K.
“Bolstering our hub cities – the core of the WestJet network – is typical of the kind of difference we want to make for Canadian travellers,” said Brian Znotins. “The addition of more than 125 flights into and out of Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto creates one-stop connections, faster travel times and better scheduling to address the demand Canadians have for travel that is convenient, stress-free and low cost.”
Highlights of WestJet’s 2017-18 winter schedule include:
- New non-stop weekly service from Edmonton and Vancouver to Huatulco.
- Additional flights from Vancouver to a number of domestic and international destinations including Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, Fort St. John, Calgary, Edmonton and Fort McMurray.
- Extension of existing summer service increases through the winter, including three daily flights between Toronto and Moncton, six daily flights between Edmonton and Kelowna, six weekly flights between Edmonton and Ottawa, and 12 weekly flights between Calgary and Houston.
- Service from both Regina and Abbotsford to Puerto Vallarta will increase by one weekly flight for a total of twice weekly.
- Additional flights from Toronto to a number of sun destinations including Antigua, Cancun, Fort Lauderdale, Liberia, Orlando, Nassau, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana and Montego Bay.
- Additional flights from Toronto to a number of Canadian destinations including Winnipeg and Kelowna.
- An increase of 10 new weekly flights between Toronto and Ottawa for a total of 13 times daily.
- An increase of nine weekly flights between Toronto and Montreal for a total of 14 times daily.
- An increase of eight weekly flights between Toronto and Vancouver for a total of eight times daily.
This winter WestJet will operate an average of 700 daily flights to 93 destinations including 37 in Canada, 22 in the United States, 33 in Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America, and one in Europe.