Delta Network Grows. Delta launches new nonstop service to Pittsburgh and New Orleans as the airline continues its expansion in the region.
Beginning Oct. 1, Delta will operate twice-daily nonstop flights to Pittsburgh. Seasonal service to New Orleans will start on Feb. 10, 2018. With the new routes, Delta and its partners will serve a total of 47 destinations worldwide from Boston, including nonstop international flights to London, Amsterdam, Paris and Dublin.
Nonstop seasonal service to New Orleans Louis Armstrong Airport will operate on Saturdays and Sundays from Feb. 10 through April 1, 2018, to meet strong leisure demand.
With Pittsburgh and New Orleans, Delta has now announced 10 new markets from Boston in 2017. The airline’s new service also includes:
- Tampa twice-daily on Airbus A319 aircraft as of February
- Dublin, Ireland daily on Boeing 757-200 aircraft as of May
- San Francisco twice daily on Boeing 757-200 aircraft as of June
- Buffalo, N.Y. three-times-daily on Bombardier CRJ-200 aircraft (operated by Endeavor Air, Inc.) as of August
- Austin, Tex. daily on Airbus A319 aircraft as of September
- Kansas City daily on Bombardier CRJ-900 aircraft (operated by Endeavor Air, Inc.) as of September
- Jacksonville, Fla. daily on Embraer E170 aircraft (operated by Republic Airline) as of September
- Norfolk, Va. daily on Bombardier CRJ-700 aircraft (operated by ExpressJet Airlines, Inc) as of September
On Dec. 21, Delta will also expand weekend West Palm Beach, Fla., and Fort Myers, Fla., flights to daily, as well as increase weekend Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., flights to twice daily. Delta will also continue to support strong holiday travel demand with expanded nonstop service to popular Caribbean destinations including Montego Bay, Jamaica; Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; and Nassau, Bahamas; beginning Dec. 21.