Whether flying high in the sky above Stavanger, freefalling in Flam, Tuk Tuk-ing in Dubrovnik or paddle boarding along the Basque coast, guests on P&O Cruises 2017 European itineraries now have even more thrilling ways to explore with the introduction of a new programme of shore excursions.
P&O Cruises senior vice president Paul Ludlow said: “This fabulous new selection of excursions includes a number of firsts which truly provide something for everyone, whether they are an adrenaline junkie, SUP fan or just prefer to relax playing golf or sipping tea in a teepee.”
2017 shore excursion highlights include:
- From Valencia: Discover Madrid by High-Speed Train. £145 per adult and £125 per child. Available on a 12-night Portugal & Spain cruise on Ventura.
- From Stavanger: Pulpit Rock Flightseeing. Fly above Stavanger in a helicopter and marvel at the spectacular Lysefjord and the flat-topped Pulpit Rock below. £185 per person. Available on seven-night Norwegian Fjord itineraries on Britannia, Azura, Arcadia and Aurora.
- From Flam: Indoor Skydiving. Experience the incredible rush of freefalling without the need to jump out of a plane. £195 per adult. Available on seven-night Norwegian Fjord itineraries on Azura, Britannia and Arcadia.
- From Malaga: Walking the Caminito Del Rey. Hike the spectacular trail that was once known as one of the world’s scariest hiking routes. £59 per adult and £29 per child. Available on 14- and 15-night Mediterranean cruises on Adonia and 10- 11- and 12-night Spain & Portugal cruises on Oceana and Azura.
- From Bilbao: Big Stand Up Paddle Boarding Experience. Enjoy an unforgettable experience on the Basque Coast on a Big Stand-Up Paddle Board. £55 per adult and £35 per child. Available on seven-night Western Europe cruises on Adonia, seven-night Spain & France cruises on Aurora, six- and seven-night France, Spain & Guernsey cruises on Britannia and Azura and a seven-night Spain & Guernsey cruise on Britannia.
- From Helsinki: Panoramic Helsinki & Reindeer Feeding. Take a selfie with a reindeer and have tea in a teepee. This is an opportunity to see Finland in a whole new light. £56 per adult and £28 per child. Available on 14-night Scandinavia & Russia cruises on Arcadia, Aurora and Britannia.
- From Katakolon: Flavours of Greece – Cookery Class. Get to the heart of Greek cooking as you discover how to prepare a variety of traditional dishes. £42 per adult. Available on 17-night Spain & Greece cruises on Ventura and Azura.
- From Guernsey: Orchard Cider Farm. Take a delightful exclusive tour of Meller Cider Farm, which is nestled in the heart of the Guernsey countryside. £51 per adult. Available on two-night Guernsey cruises on Azura, Arcadia and Ventura, four-night Guernsey & Belgium cruises on Arcadia and Ventura, six- and seven-night France, Spain & Guernsey cruises on Britannia, Azura, Ventura and Oriana, a seven-night Spain, Portugal & Guernsey cruise on Ventura, a 12-night Scotland, Ireland & Guernsey cruise on Oriana, seven-night Western Europe cruises on Adonia and a 14-night British Isles cruise on Adonia.
- From Messina: Golf on the Slopes of Mount Etna. Experience a day of golfing and spectacular views on the slopes of Mount Etna at the Picciolo Etna Golf Resort. From £175 per person. Available on 17-night Spain, Italy & Croatia cruises on Aurora, a 17-night Spain & Greece cruise on Ventura, a 19-night Spain, Italy & Greece cruise on Oriana, a 19-night Spain, Italy & Croatia cruise on Oriana and an 18-night Spain, Italy & Malta cruise on Oriana.
- From Dubrovnik: Dubrovnik by Tuk-Tuk. Enjoy a tour with a twist as you hop into a Tuk-Tuk and take in the city’s ancient streets, landmarks and panoramic views. £49 per adult and £42 per child. Available on 17-night Spain, Italy & Croatia cruises on Aurora.
- From Copenhagen: In the Steps of Hans Christian Andersen. Explore the fairytale world of Hans Christian Andersen and watch a magical performance of his most famous works. £69 per adult and £36 per child. Available on a ten-night Germany, Denmark & Norway cruise on Aurora, a ten-night Norway & the Netherlands cruise on Aurora and 14-night Scandinavia & Russia cruises on Aurora, Arcadia and Britannia.
- From Ravenna: Ferrari Museum. Fasten your seatbelt and get ready to enter the glamorous world of supercars on a trip to the Ferrari Museum. £48 per adult and £44 per child. Available on a 19-night Spain, Italy & Croatia cruise on Oriana.
- From La Spezia: Pisa and Pinocchio. Take in the sights of Pisa by trolley train and boat and meet the lovable character Pinocchio on an excursion that’s perfect for families. £44 per adult and £22 per child. Available during school holidays on a 14-night Portugal, Spain & Italy cruise on Azura, and a 14-night France, Monaco & Italy cruise on Britannia.