The Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) is now introducing a membership category for students as part of the Association’s pledge to support Young Tourism Professionals (YTPs). Students aged 18-35 years enrolled at a certified educational institution may apply to become a member of the Association.
Through participation at PATA events, training and activities, this new membership category provides YTP student members with the opportunity to connect to PATA’s broad industry network that includes National Tourism Organisations (NTOs), Destination Management Offices (DMOs), online and offline influencers, airlines, tour operators, industry start-ups and hotels.
“As we embrace 2017 as the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development the development of Young Tourism Professionals is our primary focus. This new membership category strengthens our commitment to raise the voices of tomorrow’s tourism leaders,” said PATA CEO Dr. Mario Hardy. “I encourage all students looking to grow their respective networks, insights and careers to join us and work with us to develop a more responsible and sustainable travel and tourism industry within the Asia Pacific region and beyond.”
The PATA YTP student membership category was developed in consultation with current and previous intern associates as well as the PATA Student Chapters. The benefits are tailored to meet the needs of today’s students in a fast changing industry environment and include:
- 25% discount off student rate for all PATA annual events
- 25% discount on PATAcademy-HCD training programmes*
- Individual access to co-working space at PATA Headquarters (Bangkok, Thailand)**
- Priority consideration as a speaker at PATA YTP events
- Complimentary access to selected PATA YTP-related events such as the Youth Symposium
- Eligible for scholarships from PATA and partners
- Participation as an observer in various PATA committee meetings
- YTP student membership ID (digital certificate)
- Priority consideration for PATA Intern and Associate Programme
- Complimentary PATA reports and publications – Visitor Economy Bulletin (monthly), Issues & Trends (bi-annually) and other selected reports